We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer between Ackland cruise terminal / hotel /airport

San Francisco
6 posts
Save Topic
Transfer between Ackland cruise terminal / hotel /airport

We have 12 adults getting off a Celebrity cruise ship on 12/12/2011. Please advise the best way to arrange transportation from cruise terminal to a hotel in CBD and then to airport the next day. Thanks!

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer between Ackland cruise terminal / hotel /airport

In terms of the hotel, I would suggest that your best option would be just to book one that is an easy walk from the cruise ship.

Copthorne Harbour City would be the obvious choice, or the Hilton, depending on your budget. Both are 1 minute walk or less from the ship.

To get to the airport, the AIRBUS airport bus runs from opposite the ferry building, which is again, less than a minute walk from either of those hotels (closest to the Copthorne).

Stockbridge, Georgia
Level Contributor
2 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer between Ackland cruise terminal / hotel /airport

The airbus was super easy. Don't book online like I did. I was charged $16 NZD but if you walk on and pay the driver it is only $4 NZD to the airport. Took about 35 minutes from the ferry terminal to airport.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer between Ackland cruise terminal / hotel /airport

It is gong to be dependent on how much luggage that you have. Even a short walk may be a little difficult.

And with 12 of you a shuttle would not be big enough.

4. Re: Transfer between Ackland cruise terminal / hotel /airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 18:18