We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Auckland stay - near airport or close to CBD?

Noosaville...
Level Contributor
106 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Auckland stay - near airport or close to CBD?

In January we are only staying in Auckland 1 night (unfortunately) before leaving on a 7:30 flight the next morning. Should we stay at one of the airport hotels (and travel into the CBD to do our sightseeing) or stay at a hotel in the CBD thereby necessitating a 20+ km trip the morning of our flight? I would appreciate your advice. Thanks

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Auckland stay - near airport or close to CBD?

Personally, given that your check in time will be around 5.30am, for a 7.30 flight, I would stay near the airport....

BELLA VISTA

SUDIMA

FORMULE ONE

are all good options that have shuttle buses and are well priced.

Staying at the airport is not ideal as its a 30-40 minute trip each way to get into the city, but I would choose that over having the journey from the city out to the airport at 5 in the morning.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,531 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Auckland stay - near airport or close to CBD?

Hi

I would go for the aiport

Whenever I have had to catch an early flight or have an engagement early in the morning I work on the basis of staying close to where I need to be - if that makes sense.

Apart from not having to get up quite as early,by staying at the airport you will be close to where you need to be an minimise the risk of something going wrong - accident on the motorway, puncture on taxi etc

SUNSHINE COAST...
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Auckland stay - near airport or close to CBD?

We recently stayed at the Novotel at the airport - it was great. We flew into Auckland - arriving at 11.45pm. The Novotel is a 1 minute walk from the terminal - it is right across the road - cant get any closer !! We had a room on the 9th floor, you could see the terminal, the planes taking off and landing, but you couldn't hear a thing - the hotel has fantastic double glazing. I highly recommend it.

4. Re: Auckland stay - near airport or close to CBD?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2012, 10:21