We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jetstar restrictions??

san diego
Level Contributor
90 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Jetstar restrictions??

My husband and I are flying Jetstar from auckland to Wellington. We both have 1 rolling piece of luggage ( carry on size) and he has a backpack. On their website they stated we can only have 10kg ( 22lbs) each. I have traveled internationally many times and my carry on has probably weighed maybe 27 lbs at most. Are they pretty strict about this 22 lbs restriction? How about his backpack? I might have to wear all my clothes on board if they weigh too much!

Mentioned in this post
Wellington
Wellington
Greater Wellington, New Zealand
Greymouth, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
3,896 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jetstar restrictions??

There are normally other costs when it comes to cheap fares, and charging for extra baggage is one of them. Being on tome is another one of their failings, especialy if you are catching another service some where.

for the extra baggage, there will be a charge

san diego
Level Contributor
90 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jetstar restrictions??

For domestic flights, is it still one hour before or two hours? I don't mind people watching and having a cup of coffee. Is the coffee in New Zealand strong? I like a robust coffee so I may need to add espresso??

Mentioned in this post
New Zealand
New Zealand
South Pacific
3. Re: Jetstar restrictions??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 June 2015, 00:05
Wellington, NZ
Destination Expert
for Wellington
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jetstar restrictions??

Eew Starbucks.

A very good local coffee chain in Wellington is called Mojo (there is one at the airport). Coffee sold here is of the espresso variety. A popular coffee is the flat white. A Wellington flat white has two shots of espresso and some milk. If you are outside of Wellington best to ask as many places serve a flat white with only one shot. Filter coffee is much harder to find - aside from hotels.

Mentioned in this post
Wellington
Wellington
New Zealand
Level Contributor
6,484 posts
381 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jetstar restrictions??

At Auckland airport, there is only one coffee place once you go through security, so get your caffeine fix beforehand in the main part of the airport.

Mentioned in this post
Auckland Airport Lodge
Auckland Airport Lodge
339 Reviews
Mangere, New Zealand
san diego
Level Contributor
90 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jetstar restrictions??

Thanks everyone for the information. I did a practice "pack" and I only had 13 lbs so I should be fine. Thanks also for the coffee info. I usually like my coffee black so I may have to ask for a non-flat white coffee? On another subject, what's the best wine to drink there? I like locally produced wines. Can we get good ones in Wellington- not too expensive? Just a little something to drink on the train ride back to Auckland...

Mentioned in this post
Wellington
Wellington
Auckland
Auckland
North Island, New Zealand
Dunedin, New Zealand
Destination Expert
for Dunedin
Level Contributor
2,712 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jetstar restrictions??

Mojo is good coffee, but if you want a more robust brew, Havana (another Wellington brand) is hard to beat. Of course we'll do an espresso, as well as a long black and, probably of no interest to you, an americano: NZ has gone coffee mad over the past decade or so.

As for the wine, what varietal do you prefer? We have strengths in Pinot Noir, Shiraz, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay... with drinkable wines starting about $10 on special at any supermarket.

Mentioned in this post
Wellington
Wellington
Wellington, NZ
Destination Expert
for Wellington
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jetstar restrictions??

There is a wine growing region about 1.5 hours drive from Wellington called Martinborough. The supermarkets in Wellington city have a very good beer and wine selection.

Mentioned in this post
Wellington
Wellington
New Zealand
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jetstar restrictions??

If you are flying with Jetstar then get to the airport and check in early rather than just "on time" or you may find yourself without a seat whether you have tickets or not.

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jetstar restrictions??

without a seat whether you have tickets or not???????

i don't understand this