We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with accom. please.

Leeds UK
Level Contributor
38 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Help with accom. please.

Hi everyone,

We will be staying in Auckland from the 25th Dec to 5th Jan, we are coming over from the UK to attend a friends wedding and do not know where to stay. Our friends live in Mangere Bridge, however we have looked in this area and there isn't really anything that meets our requirements.

We would like somewhere that has a holiday vibe about it (an outdoor pool / beach) as we will be there for 10 days and would like to be able to sunbathe and get outside. This would probably be best suited to a private let / condo.

We would like somewhere that is easily accessible to Mangere Bridge and Auckland Central for visiting friends and sight seeing.

Please can someone advise me on what or where I should be looking for?

Thanks in advance!

Takapuna, New...
Level Contributor
3,381 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with accom. please.

I don't think a compromise is going to give you what you were looking for in your other post. Pakuranga isn't that close to Mangere Bridge and the river property doesn't have a pool nor is it on or near a beach. The "river" is actually a tidal estuary.

Could you split your stay into 2 locations. 3 days near Mangere Bridge for the wedding and meeting friends, then a week at a beach somewhere else. Maybe even away from Auckland.

The only issue is that beach accommodation during the time you are here is peak period and likely to be outside of your budget of around NZ$1000 per week.

Takapuna, New...
Level Contributor
3,381 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with accom. please.

I notice you have been looking at www.holidayhomes.co.nz.

Here are 2 other popular websites.

http://www.holidayhouses.co.nz/

http://www.bookabach.co.nz/

Leeds UK
Level Contributor
38 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with accom. please.

Thank you for your reply, I have found a condo within walking distance of our friends' house in Mangere Bridge so hopefully it will be available.

I think our best bet would be to do days out to beaches and sight seeing as we arrive very late on the 25th, the wedding is the 28th then we will be celebrating New Year and leave on the 5th, so there wouldn't be much space to go elsewhere.

4. Re: Help with accom. please.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2014, 07:18