We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hot air balloon, bridge climb or both?

Launceston...
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hot air balloon, bridge climb or both?

Hey we r coming to New Zealand on our honeymoon and will be in auckland for two nights (only get there at 2am the first night tho) and I've always wanted to do a hot air balloon trip. Where is the best place on the north island to do it? We r heading north from Auckland then down the east coast to rotorua and then inland through to the caves and back up? If we do it in Auckland is it still worth doing the bridge climb because really I only want to do that for the view.

Palmerston North...
Level Contributor
498 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hot air balloon, bridge climb or both?

Hi Courtm278,

Congratulations on the wedding and Yahhh to picking NZ as part of your honeymoon :)

Have you got a rough itinerary in place that we could look at? by showing us this we can better help you decide the best place to do the hot air ballooning or wether the bridge climb would be the best option. In saying that I think if you are only doing the bridge climb for the view, you would be better just doing the hot air balloon ride

A - for the view

B- way more romantic for a honey moon then climbing auckland bridge in the wind with bustling cars below..

As for your other post RE: cruise in the bay of islands or cook islands.. i have done a cruise in the Bay Of islands, and although I have never been to the cook Islands yet i much prefer the sound of their glass bottom day cruises around the island, with much clearer water, imagine what you could see :) now im jealous.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,073 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hot air balloon, bridge climb or both?

I am not sure that there are any regularly scheduled hot air balloon flights in NZ because we cant guarantee suitable weather. Why not wait until you visit the far north of Queensland or the Qld Gold Coast where the weather is more settled and flights guaranteed.

Launceston...
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hot air balloon, bridge climb or both?

Thanks heaps I'm thinking we will stick with the hot air balloon :)

Launceston...
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hot air balloon, bridge climb or both?

We don't tend to holiday very often and considering we are going for 3 1/2 weeks I doubt we will be going to Queensland in a long time but I guess we will just book it in and if it gets cancelled so be it.

5. Re: Hot air balloon, bridge climb or both?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2014, 06:18