We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay Christmas night in Auckland

Redland City...
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay Christmas night in Auckland

Hi

We are planning our family holiday in New Zealand this year, flying into Auckland Christmas day arriving approx. 2.30pm. We are doing a self drive and starting off heading north to Bay of Islands. I figure by the time we get through customs, pick up the car and get to the city, it would be about 5pm. We plan to head off north around 9am the next day. Was wondering if anyone knows if there is much to do in Auckland Christmas night. My question is, is it worth staying in the CBD for the night, or maybe just a little out on the north side perhaps. From initial looks, CBD accom is more expensive, and also has car parking costs. Also as we are 2ad & 2chd, the room options are limited with many hotels in the city, and we would have to upgrade to an apartment. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay Christmas night in Auckland

A lot of things will be shut on Christmas Day. If it were me I'd probably choose to stay at a motel on the North Shore to rest up. Easy for a quick getaway in the morning. Orewa Beach might be nice, you should be there in time for a refreshing swim. eg orewabeachholidaypark.co.nz/auckland/aucklan…

2. Re: Where to stay Christmas night in Auckland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2014, 06:19