We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 day city break-perfect!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Denarau Island
Level Contributor
2,131 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
4 day city break-perfect!

I'd like to thank everyone here who contributes. As well as asking a few questions, I read hundreds of posts & reviews, & really enjoyed researching this trip.

I'll write reviews when I get the time, but in short, we stayed at The SkyCity Hotel, perfect for us as we love a go on the pokies, & a few drinks of an evening.

We spent 3 of our 4 days doing Harbour trips, Waiheke Island a definite highlight, but also loved Devonport & our 90 minute harbour cruise.

The bus system is fantastic, we used the green loop quite a lot, & the red a couple of times, all the drivers were very helpful, & it was so easy once we got our heads around it.

Great food (really great food!) , great Pubs, great people, & a truly fabulous time.

Thanks again to all who contribute here.

Anni

Mentioned in this post
Waiheke Island
Waiheke Island
1,713 Reviews
Auckland Central, New Zealand
Devonport
Devonport
3,798 Reviews
Auckland Central, New Zealand
New Zealand
Level Contributor
6,442 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 day city break-perfect!

You're right, the loop buses are fantastic! Aucklanders can be quite disparaging about their public transport system, but the loop buses are really convenient. I'm so pleased you had a good time and I'm looking forward to your reviews.

Dunedin, New Zealand
Destination Expert
for Dunedin
Level Contributor
2,684 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 day city break-perfect!

Glad to see your trip went well. I was quite disappointed to read some very harsh criticism of the loop buses, mainly to do with gaps in the service and bunching of buses. I found these buses a great feature on my recent visit, particularly the outer loop, but did see they were not very good at the maintenance of headway i.e. they should throw out the timetable and just keep 15 minutes headway between each bus.

3. Re: 4 day city break-perfect!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2014, 05:18