We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Near airport hotel for good sleep reasonable-cheap rates

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington
Level Contributor
301 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Near airport hotel for good sleep reasonable-cheap rates

Hi, flying in landing 9.30pm (domestic) and want to sleep near airport but in a really quiet spot so I get a good start the next morning driving out east (doesn't have to be early, just want a great sleep!). Recommendations please - anything well under $100 per night 1 person in Feb?

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland
Level Contributor
13,144 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Near airport hotel for good sleep reasonable-cheap rates

Hi,

I've stayed at the Ibis Budget hotel which is located near the airport shopping centre, towards the domestic terminal side of the airport. Being newish, and sound-proofed you won't notice there's an airport nearby. This is possibly the cheapest hotel in the vicinity, check the prices for your date on www.wotif.com . Often around $99.00 per night. Shuttle service included in cost. Easy access to the airport's roading system heading either to the city, or the eastern suburbs and southern motorway.

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Near airport hotel for good sleep reasonable-cheap rates

Ibis Budget as mentionned above or Heartland Hotel are good options that have rooms around $100. Both have free shuttles and are good value and well located.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington
Level Contributor
301 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Near airport hotel for good sleep reasonable-cheap rates

Ibis looks good - What about this one is it any better, as I have a Entertainment book discount there - reports? 'Auckland Airport Kiwi Hotel' - I'll check the TR ratings.

Whangarei, Northland
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Near airport hotel for good sleep reasonable-cheap rates

Auckland Airport kiwi Hotel is quite new and I know nothing about it, but it looks good on their website. It is slightly further away from the airport than the other 2 ....

Ibis - 1 minute by shuttle

Heartland - 4 minutes by shuttle

Kiwi Hotel - 10 minutes by shuttle

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington
Level Contributor
301 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Near airport hotel for good sleep reasonable-cheap rates

Hmm the reviews and photos don't look good on TA for Kiwi Hotel though. Might stick with the other suggestions.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington
Level Contributor
301 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Near airport hotel for good sleep reasonable-cheap rates

What is the airplane noise like right close to the airport though at the ibis? Mind you the other hotels & motels around the region look next to main roads too!

7. Re: Near airport hotel for good sleep reasonable-cheap rates

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2014, 05:18