We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is Richmond Oval?

Level Contributor
4,197 posts
163 reviews
Save Topic
Where is Richmond Oval?

Doing some preliminary research on the 2010 Olympic game. Some competitions will be held at the Richmond Oval but none of the official web site gives an address of this venue. Any one able to provide this information and which are the hotels that are close to this site? Thanks.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
26,655 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where is Richmond Oval?

Because this venue is being built and is owned by the City of Richmond (immediately south across the Fraser from Vancouver), the Richmond website is your best source for info.

www.richmond.ca/discover/events/oval/oval.htm

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
7,293 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where is Richmond Oval?

It's next to the No 2 Road bridge along River Road in Richmond (across the bridge, south of the Vancouver International Airport's south terminal).

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
26,655 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where is Richmond Oval?

Just had a look at the Google Sattelite map of the location and it is obviously fairly old, because it's still showing the farms there.

I would guess that the airport hotels would be the closest to that location.

Level Contributor
4,197 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where is Richmond Oval?

Vacouverite67 - Thanks but I've been to the web site that you suggested before I posted. There is nothing there to tell you where Richmond Oval is located except that it's at sea level on the bank of the Fraser River! It gives no information of nearby hotel. It's a very poorly designed web site missing critical information - the address.

Level Contributor
4,197 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where is Richmond Oval?

Here's another link on the Richmond Oval at the 2010 Olympic game office web site:

vancouver2010.com/en/…RO.pdf

Location is simple stated as "Richmond" but no specific location or address.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where is Richmond Oval?

Here is the address for the Oval:

6111 River Road

Richmond, BC V7C 0A2

778-296-1400

And this is the official web http://richmondoval.ca

Vancouver
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Where is Richmond Oval?

There are several hotels around the intersection of minoru road and westminister hwy that are about a 2 minute drive from the oval, such as a marriott and a sheraton. Booking hotels close to the airport would mean more traffic nightmares

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,138 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where is Richmond Oval?

It looks like google maps have "Richmond Oval BC" on their system now.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where is Richmond Oval?

If you booked at the hotels around the Minoru/Westminster Highway intersection (as suggested by a prior post) you would be about 20 minutes on foot from the Oval.

Other hotels in the area are a Quality Inn, a Ramada Inn, a Hilton and the Executive Inn and Suites.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,338 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where is Richmond Oval?

I have seen the oval from the air and it appears not to be near anything. Any of the hotels in Richmond would be close enough as the traffic will be bad regardless of where you stay. The area suggested by other posters would avoid Russ Baker way though, which I have seen get backed up.