We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ferry reservation

Rockies BC
Level Contributor
940 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
ferry reservation

I have booked a reservation on the ferry from Tswwassen to Schwartz Bay on Sunday June 30, the 11 am sailing. DH in particular is the punctual type and I can see us arriving at the terminal at 9 am, that is, nice and early.

What do we do if we are too "early" to check in? (as I understand it, you must check in no more than 60 min before, and no less than 30 min before, the sailing time). Well, more precisely, what do we do with our vehicle? Is there some sort of "holding tank" where we can put the car (and stay with it of course) prior to the 10 am check-in time?

Thanks for any advice!

Rockies BC
Level Contributor
940 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ferry reservation

oops meant to post this on the Tswwassen forum......

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,097 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ferry reservation

There's only the long causeway which doesn't lend itself to stopping and waiting. But before you get out on that causeway, there are a couple of places where you could pop off the road.

http://goo.gl/maps/JtmPJ

At 56th you could go south to have a look around Tsawwassen town centre. You could pop in to the golf course there. You could even turn off at Splashdown Park and watch the splashers. I think 56th is the last intersection with traffic lights which you would want, because without them any ferry traffic coming in to Tsawwassen could hold you up for a loooong time.

Zoom right in on the map and drag it around to get familiar.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
26,613 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ferry reservation

I would delay going to the terminal until your 10 am time. Its less of an issue at Tssawwassen than Horseshoe Bay, but the concern is filling up the terminal with people who are guaranteed on the ferry anyway. If you get there too early, then you are just in the FCFS line, and you will probably end up on the same ferry you booked on.

If you want to stick with your reservation, then I would head into Ladner or Tssawwassen for coffee, or out to Boundary Bay for a walk in the park.

metrovancouver.org/services/…BoundaryBay.aspx

Rockies BC
Level Contributor
940 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ferry reservation

thanks very much for the info, we will probably stop at Rotary Park in Ladner on the way (nice playground).

5. Re: ferry reservation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2015, 20:16