We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1day in Victoria-best way?

Which North Vancouver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
1day in Victoria-best way?

We are visiting Vancouver late April thru early May. Will explore Vancouver areas on foot...cab, public transit. Debating renting car for part of time...want to explore Victoria & Whistler. What is best way to visit /get to island? Staying at Club Intrawest-Hornsby Street. Is it advisable to take a ferry & and take car to Victoria? Heard parking can be difficult there... Not sure how to plan

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
24,682 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1day in Victoria-best way?

How many of you are there? For a couple, it's probably just as easy to use Pacific Coach lines to get to Victoria, but the cost of the tickets can start to add up if there are four of you, making the car rental more appealing. I've never noticed parking inVictoria to be difficult. It's Vancouver that has the difficult parking.

Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1day in Victoria-best way?

Just the two of us. Thought we'd need a car to explore North of Vancouver-Whistler area & others. Will be returning to Club Intrawest on Hornsby Street nightly-unless we have TOO GOOD of a time exploring. Any wineries within a day of Vancouver?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
24,682 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1day in Victoria-best way?

tourism-langley.ca/Experience/…Wineries

I will reserve judgment on whether or not you would say these are 'good' wineries.

There's also

http://www.pacificbreezewinery.com/

But not much to see here and I'm not sure they really do tours per se (I've done one, but I don't think its a regular thing). Their wine is pretty good though.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
55,579 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1day in Victoria-best way?

It looks like you mean to return to Hornby St each night, so you will likely mean doing a day trip to Victoria. A day trip will take 12-13 hours. Better to do an overnight there.

But a good day trip coach company is Landsea Tours. www.vancouvertours.com . They do offer the option for an overnight stay.

For Whistler you would benefit from a rental car. You are on the North Vancouver forum now. Jump over to the Vancouver Forum, then look in the Top Questions for the item that talks about what there is to see on the way to Whistler.

Edited: 28 March 2014, 17:33
5. Re: 1day in Victoria-best way?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2016, 14:18