We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast for 20?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
306 posts
219 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast for 20?

Hello,

I am looking for a place to host an after wedding breakfast for about 20 people. Somewhere near Lonsdale Quay would be best. Not too pricey (like the Lobby), but not a cheap place either. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,780 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast for 20?

How about the Tomahawk?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
306 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast for 20?

Hi. My understanding is they are quite busy all the time. This would be a Sunday so it might be hard to fit a large group in?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,780 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast for 20?

Aaahhhhh...a Sunday.

I'd call them....see what they say.

Maybe a golf course?

Northlands?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
57,837 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast for 20?

Northlands would be lovely, but it's off Parkgate Community Centre which is fairly close to Deep Cove.

Why don't you have a look at The Lobby which is the very nice restaurant at the Pinnacle Hotel. See my review if you like.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
57,837 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast for 20?

Or Pier 7 which is right on the water at the foot of Lonsdale. Not sure of their hours though. It may be a dinner place.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
306 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breakfast for 20?

Thank you. These are good suggestions.

Northlands might be a bit too far but it worth trying. The reviews for breakfast are not so good (but this is based on only a few). It looks nice.

Pier 7 is a good suggestion as they could accommodate our size. It is only slightly less expensive than the Lobby, but the reviews are quite mixed with several mediocre reviews.

The Lobby gets great reviews, but the prices are out of our range for a large group.

I did notice that there is a Pantry restaurant. I like the one in New Westminster. How is the one in North Vancouver? Or maybe a White Spot?

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
8,993 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breakfast for 20?

http://www.cheersnorthvan.com/

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
57,837 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Breakfast for 20?

Now, Cheers would be a definite maybe. I doubt if they would want to handle a group that size in their downstairs resto. It might mean their banquet room upstairs, which was pretty plain looking the last event I attended there, about 8 years ago. I don't remember if they have an elevator, if that might matter to you. Used to pop in there with a North Van buddy until I got the definite impression they were changing to only events and banquets. Their food was really good, very consistently good.

Edited: 14 August 2014, 20:23
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
306 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Breakfast for 20?

We will definitely check out Cheers! This is why I love TA. The location, menu, reviews and pricing are great. Will check out the size. Thanks!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
306 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Breakfast for 20?

Thank you Alegre and Mufti. We used Cheers and it was perfect. We ended up being closer to 30 and they set aside a little part for us for the Sunday Brunch. Food was good and prices are exceptionally good. They do have a small restaurant that is open regularly in addition to their larger space available for brunch and banquets.

Cheers!