We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get From Baltimore MD to Cornwall

Maryland
Level Contributor
312 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to get From Baltimore MD to Cornwall

Hello all. I have to travel to Cornwall for business. Was wondering what is the best way to get there from the states.

Do I fly into an aiport in the states and Drive? Or should I just fly into Canada. If so what would be the best airport to fly in to. Thanks

4 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
769 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get From Baltimore MD to Cornwall

If flying, Montreal would probably be best for price and proximity to Cornwall and then drive about an hour....

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
19,664 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get From Baltimore MD to Cornwall

Fly into either Montreal or Ottawa, and then drive. Both are about 60 - 90 minute drive.

Closest US city airports would be Burlington, VT or Syracuse, NY - but those are a 3 hour drive from Cornwall.

Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
2,476 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get From Baltimore MD to Cornwall

US Airways has non-stop flights into both Ottawa and Montreal from Philadelphia. There are also flights from Washington Dulles and National to the two cities. Also, American flies into Watertown, NY from Philadelphia, a 2 hour drive to Cornwall.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,140 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to get From Baltimore MD to Cornwall

I believe that the Plattsburg airport which is no longer a Military base has airline flights now. This is closer than Burlington or Syracuse. This ways you need a car in the US that you would have to confirm that you could bring into Canada. The new bridge and Customs area is now open so it should be better to cross there.

If you don't want to drive a car over a border, it think it is less than 1hr to Cornwall from either Ottawa or Monteal. Unless you hit traffic in Montreal on the 20 which could double the time. I suspect there are more choices for flights into Monteal, but a car rental may be cheaper in Ontario (Ottawa) after you add fees and taxes.

Reply to: Best way to get From Baltimore MD to Cornwall
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted