We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must Visit Wineries - Osoyoos

Edmonton, Alberta
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Must Visit Wineries - Osoyoos

Since most of the topics have been closed or are fairly old, here I am am asking the question again; what are some of the must-visit wineries in (or close to) Osoyoos?

Hubby and I are going there for 10 days at the beginning of August and we're hoping to get a little bit of wine tasting in. I keep hearing about the Golden Mile; any specific winery recommendations??

Much appreciated - thank you.

Port Orchard, WA
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Must Visit Wineries - Osoyoos

My husband and I just returned from a 3-day trip to the Osoyoos/Kelowna area. Very beautiful area. We just happened to stumble on the Silver Sage Winery. The cost to taste is by donation which they give to a charity for abused children. We were very impressed with their wines and ended up buying much more than we had planned. We felt their prices were very reasonable too. One of the wines was called "The Flame" and comes with or without a hot pepper in it. My husband likes less spicy so we bought the one without the pepper. I also bought a delicious Raspberry fruit desssert wine....yummy!!! The lady who was serving the tastings was very funny and had lots of suggestions for the uses of the wines. A great, fun experience!

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
917 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Must Visit Wineries - Osoyoos

I would certainly say Nk'mip, as you can combine a visit to the winery (and a meal at the restaurant if you wish) with a visit to the desert centre.

Nice view of Osoyoos too:

www.flickr.com/photos/jamica1/4200105917/

Surrey, British...
6 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Must Visit Wineries - Osoyoos

Twisted Tree , Desert Hills, Blue Mtn and Tinhorn Creek are my favorite wines from this area, Nk'Mip is where we stay when we go tasting.

Going for a week at end of August this year to stock up wine for the year... I love the desert heat in this area :)

Surrey, British...
6 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Must Visit Wineries - Osoyoos

Twisted Tree , Desert Hills, Blue Mtn and Tinhorn Creek are my favorite wines from this area, Nk'Mip is where we stay when we go tasting.

Going for a week at end of August this year to stock up wine for the year... I love the desert heat in this area :)

vancouver b.c...
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Must Visit Wineries - Osoyoos

Hi Caribbean Princess.

I just got back from 4 nights in Osoyoos and visited wineries every day. I visited 13 wineries and enjoyed the smaller ones more because there are less people there and the owner/pourer has a chance to chat with you. Twisted Tree and Stoneboat are great smaller wineries in Osoyoos and Burrowing Owl is much larger but fantastic with rooms and a restarant. I bit further north up hwy 97 is Dirty Laundry which is tons of fun - all the wines are great and are named fun names like Bordello. Also See Ya Later Ranch and Road 13 and Blasted Church in the Okanagan Falls area. Hester Creek and Gehringer Bros are beside each other and I think Hester Creek is fantastic and they also have rooms. In Kelowna Quails Gate has a great restaurant and fabulous wines and Cedar Creek also has great wines. Hope this helps - have a great time!!!!

BC
Level Contributor
2 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Must Visit Wineries - Osoyoos

I live here and always take my guests to See Ya Later Ranch, near Okanagan Falls.

It is the highest elevation vineyard in the Okanagan. Beautiful old building and great view over Skaha Lake, toward Penticton. Very friendly folks and not at all snobbish. The place has some interesting history too.

http://www.sylranch.com/

North Vancouver...
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Must Visit Wineries - Osoyoos

After 25+ summers in Osoyoos I think I have visited every winery in the south Okanagan! Our very favourite is Silver Sage, as much for the entertaining presentation as for the wines - lovely rose garden too.

For beautiful views: Noble Ridge above Vaseux Lake is very nice, as are See Ya Later Ranch and Blasted Church. Tinhorn Creek has a great gift shop. Nk'Mip and Burrowing Owl have impressive architecture and tasting rooms. The best wine we had this year was the 2006 Syrah from Desert Hills.

18. Re: Must Visit Wineries - Osoyoos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2011, 05:31
Get answers to your questions about Osoyoos