We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a quick FYI on disabled access at Nk'Mip Desert Centre

Which Osoyoos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
13 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
a quick FYI on disabled access at Nk'Mip Desert Centre

Forgot to mention in my review of the Nk'Mip Desert Centre that handicapped parking spots are available in the lot in front of the centre... BUT the ramp from the parking area to the front door is both long and pretty roughly gravelled. It was a slog for my spouse hauling up the incline, and he's pretty fit.

We didn't discover an alternative until we reached the terraces beside the entrance: there's a partially paved access for vehicles up to a level parking area, entered from the right-hand side of the Centre. If nothing else, we would have preferred this shorter shlep to the intended path just because the gravel had been compressed by vehicles...

The parking area is signposted 'loading and unloading' of disabled passengers only, but I daresay if you're travelling alone, you could put your blue badge up and no one would insist you move it.

The Centre is accessible throughout, as are the sculpture gardens reached from inside the museum. We went a few hundred yards out on the trail, too, but a helping hand was needed here and there. A great visit.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
55,463 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: a quick FYI on disabled access at Nk'Mip Desert Centre

Hi Catzeyes ~

You might be interested in requesting to have your review removed, then resubmitting a fuller version to include these comments. Copy and save your review in a word doc first though. Add these comments and then resubmit it through the usual "Write a review" process. It's probably better to have all your comments in one place.

Here is the webform you would use to have your review removed. From the drop down menu, choose "remove my review."

http://www.tripadvisor.com/UserReviewSupport

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
13 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: a quick FYI on disabled access at Nk'Mip Desert Centre

Thanks for the tip, Mufti. I'll also make sure that TA doesn't insert any further wacky hyperlinks on my behalf: I sure didn't add a link to Centre, France, tourism in my forum post, above!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
55,463 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: a quick FYI on disabled access at Nk'Mip Desert Centre

Haha. We have Pacific Coach Lines here for travel to Vanvouver Island. Sometimes people subconsciously type Pacific Coast Lines and that hyperlinks to some place in Mexico!

4. Re: a quick FYI on disabled access at Nk'Mip Desert Centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2014, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Osoyoos