We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golfers advice

Which Osoyoos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,987 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
Golfers advice

Was wondering what course would be recommended for best "quality" course near Osoyoos (views, manicured, food, etc)…within 30min drive. I see the prices are so much cheaper then what we are used to here in Calgary (almost half), so price here not an issue. We only have time for one round. We will be staying at Spirit Ridge.

Thanks!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,987 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golfers advice

So far…Fairview and NkMip look to be the top 2?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,081 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golfers advice

Food?

None of these are resort courses.

Expect a decent dog at the turn and that's about it.

Fairview tops the list by far.

Osoyoos is short but pretty.

Pass on N'kmip.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,987 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golfers advice

Didn't realize food = resort;)

Fairview looks like the choice so far.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,081 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golfers advice

These are decent / average golf courses in a small town with basic restaurants in the clubhouse. Burgers, nachos and chicken wings. Basic pub food.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,987 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golfers advice

Are you sure? Doesn't NkMip have the winery cellar restaurant (average reviews), and Fairview quotes on their website … "Fairview Mountain’s dining room has been rated as one of the top restaurants in the South Okanagan due to its fine cuisine and relaxing atmosphere." I'm sure its a bit of an exaggeration.

My wife and I golf 30+ times a year…and much of those are when we are out of town, so we are familiar on how courses work. Golfed 4 courses in Kelowna…not bad. Golfed Twin Lakes…hated it. Predator Ridge…awesome.

Anywho, thanks for the advice, I will book Fairview once we confirm with Spirit Ridge.

6. Re: Golfers advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 March 2014, 02:07
Edited: 10 March 2014, 02:07
Osoyoos, Canada
Level Contributor
689 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Golfers advice

Golf Osoyoos. Two great courses to chose from. Five minutes from your hotel. The food will be pretty much the same at all three courses, dressed up bar food. But there are lots of great restaurants in Osoyoos, including the ones at Watermark or Spirit Ridge.

8. Re: Golfers advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2015, 17:15
Get answers to your questions about Osoyoos