We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for lodging for 65th birthday family celebration

Powell River, Canada
Level Contributor
138 posts
145 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for lodging for 65th birthday family celebration

I am searching for a nice hotel that has appropriate rooms for 3 families of 3, 5 and 5. I also require a nice swimming pool and a buffet

Vancouver
Level Contributor
354 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for lodging for 65th birthday family celebration

You might consider the Ramada Plaza, which gets good reviews and has both a game arcade and an indoor pool.

Suggest you contact them directly and get a discounted rate for your group.

Powell River, Canada
Level Contributor
138 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for lodging for 65th birthday family celebration

Thank you. My family lives in Maple Ridge so it just has to be in an area not more than 2 hours away as the one family has children 1, 4 and 6. I had thought of harrison hot springs but the reviews are disappointing.

Mentioned in this post
Maple Ridge
Maple Ridge
British Columbia, Canada
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
63,957 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for lodging for 65th birthday family celebration

I'm not understanding your comment about 2 hours.

You are asking for accommodation in Abbotsford that will be within 2 hours of Maple Ridge, is that correct?

Maple Ridge and Abbostford are about half an hour's drive apart, especially across the new Golden Ears Bridge.

Mentioned in this post
Maple Ridge
Maple Ridge
British Columbia, Canada
vancouver, b.c.
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for lodging for 65th birthday family celebration

I think she means that part of the celebrating family lives in maple ridge and she wants accomodations for these 3 families who are coming to the party. Accomodations not being more than 2 hours from maple ridge.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
63,957 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for lodging for 65th birthday family celebration

Or perhaps the question is on the Abbotsford forum because the OP thinks that only those locals will be able to help with the issue. Perhaps Abbie is not actually the preferred destination.

(The OP has looked at HHS which is 1.5 hours away from Maple Ridge, so that doesn't seem to indicate a wish for accomm in Abbie.)

Some clarification will come I'm sure.

Mentioned in this post
Maple Ridge
Maple Ridge
British Columbia, Canada
Powell River, Canada
Level Contributor
138 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for lodging for 65th birthday family celebration

Thanks everyone. Sorry for the confusion. Okay, we wish to visit somewhere not too far from Maple Ridge for a healthy buffet and perhaps a sleep over in an accommodation that has a nice pool for the children. If that doesn't exist than what I really wish is a great buffet nearby Maple Ridge.

Mentioned in this post
Maple Ridge
Maple Ridge
British Columbia, Canada
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
63,957 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for lodging for 65th birthday family celebration

Hi

I'm not sure about a hotel/buffet combo, but I do know how terrific a golf course dining experience can be. So I had a quick look by googling buffets and golf courses and fraser valley.

The Sandpiper Golf Resort in Harrison Mills (half way between Mission and Harrison Hot Springs) may interest you enough to have a look:

sandpipergolfclub.com/golf/…rivers_edge.htm

There may be other golf course options, not sure.

Just a thought.

Mentioned in this post
Harrison Mills
Harrison Mills
British Columbia, Canada
Harrison Hot Springs
Harrison Hot Springs
British Columbia, Canada
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
29,579 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for lodging for 65th birthday family celebration

I'm interested in what you looked at in Harrison Hot Springs. It's a bit of a drive from Maple Ridge, but I've had a couple of terrific stays at the Resort, once with our kids. Don't stay in the old hotel, as the rooms are TINY. The older west wing is OK, if a bit dated. I've never stayed in the newer east tower that has the newest rooms. The pools are great, the breakfast buffet was fantastic, and I thought there was plenty to do for a family, especially with all the pools. I guess it just depends on what you expect, but I love going out there for a quick overnight getaway.

I don't know that they do a buffet, but the Best Western in Coquitlam is fairly nice with a big pool, and that would put you about 45 min from Maple Ridge.

bestwesternbc.com/hotels/…

Mentioned in this post
Harrison Hot Springs
Harrison Hot Springs
British Columbia, Canada
Maple Ridge
Maple Ridge
British Columbia, Canada
Coquitlam
Coquitlam
British Columbia, Canada
Powell River, Canada
Level Contributor
138 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for lodging for 65th birthday family celebration

We stayed in the old part of the hotel last time we were out there and you're right, it was terrible and yet it was still pricey for what you got. The reviews on tripadvisor weren't that good. The new wings are supposed to be nice. I will have to find out if they have rooms for 5. it seems that due to the recession so to speak that the restuarants are cutty back on both the quality and quanity of food they serve. I haven't decided whether it will be too expensive to get 3 rooms plus all the meals or whether I will just take the family for a lovely Sunday brunch or dinner buffet. I have searched Abbotsford, Langley, Maple Ridge and even Chilliwack for buffets and read many reviews. I thought a buffet would make it easy for people to choose what they liked.

Mentioned in this post
Langley
Langley
British Columbia, Canada
Maple Ridge
Maple Ridge
British Columbia, Canada
Chilliwack
Chilliwack
British Columbia, Canada
vancouver, b.c.
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for lodging for 65th birthday family celebration

I have heard the buffets at Newlands golf course and Northview golfcourse are very good. Maybe someone will reply with first hand knowledge. Both would be easy to get to from maple ridge with the new bridge.