We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canmore vs. Banff

9 posts
Save Topic
Canmore vs. Banff

Hello All,

Anyone out there ever stayed at Four Points by Sheraton Hotel in Canmore? I've got a chance to book there using miles and I don't know anyone who has stayed there.

Also, what are the upsides/downsides of staying in Canmore vs. Banff?

Any help appreciated.

canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Canmore vs. Banff

i worked for starwood many years. the hotel is nice. try and get a loft room if possible.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
5,617 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Canmore vs. Banff

Vail ~> I quickly read through some of the comments and apologize if someone has mentioned this. But if you do not have your own set of wheels being in Canmore may be a bummer. I would myself prefer to stay in Canmore. I think it's a nice place and quieter ~> not so touristy. However, like I said you will want to drive around and see stuff. Unless it doesn't bug you to be shuttled.

Cambridgeshire, UK
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Canmore vs. Banff

We stayed at the Four Points 2 years ago and it was excellent. Staff friendly and helpful, good restaurant, rooms clean and comfortable. Would agree with previous posters about the preference for Canmore (a really nice little town) and the need for wheels.

Roger