We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging in Canmore

Which Canmore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sun City Center, Fl
Level Contributor
43 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Lodging in Canmore

Two seniors will be traveling by car Sept. 12, 13, 14. We are looking for reasonable priced lodging and plan to

visit Banff, using Canmore as our base. We would appreciate any suggestions.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
17,905 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging in Canmore

The Canmore/Bow Valley B&B Association website can be found at www.bbcanmore.com . You can also find B&B listings for all of Canada at www.bbcanada.com . There are listings for various types of accommodations at http://www.tourismcanmore.com/ .

Level Contributor
2,033 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging in Canmore

Sunny

Canmore is a great place for your base. There are search engines in Trip Advisor to help. You can enter dates and prices in the left column for hotels, then B&Bs:

Hotels http://www.tripadvisor.com/HACSearch-c1?geo=181727&refineForm=true&inDay=06&inMonth=11%2F2009&checkIn=11%2F6%2F2009&outDay=13&outMonth=11%2F2009&checkOut=11%2F13%2F2009&adults=1#02,1250776447708,l1price:S0|999999,l1rating:S0|999999,nameContains:S

B&Bs www.tripadvisor.com/HACSearch-c2…

Fredericton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Fredericton, St. John's
Level Contributor
1,884 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging in Canmore

My folks stayed at the Quilters Inn Bed & Breakfast, when I was living there and they loved it.

There are also chain hotels such as RADISSON, HOWARD JOHNSON, SHERATON and BEST WESTERN.

The Bow Valley Motel is located right on mainstreet, just down from The DRAKE INN ( my wife and I stayed there a few years back) Awesome bar there.

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,198 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging in Canmore

When I go to Banff, I stay the first night in Canmore at the Drake. Its a basic hotel, but has the best location, on the water, grocery across the street and downtown on the other side of the bridge, on a nice short hiking path. But I do not know if I would want to base out of there. Might try some on the newer one on the main highway.

5. Re: Lodging in Canmore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2010, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Canmore