We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which cruises shall we take

Which Canmore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
california
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Which cruises shall we take

There are so many crusies offer among the lakes in Jasper(Spirit Island), Banff, Glacier NP (Grinnell Lake), Waterton Glacier (Goat Hauunt), LL, etc. If we can only have time for two cruises, which two shall we go on? Thanks.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
17,924 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which cruises shall we take

There are no cruises at Lake Louise (presume that's what "LL" is short for) so you can strike that off your list. There are canoe rentals available there.

You may want to play it by ear and take a cruise on days when the weather is acceptable - a rainy day is ok as long as the mountains are not completely socked in by clouds.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,669 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which cruises shall we take

the boat ride at Maligne Lk has always been one my favorites. It lets you actually get off at Spirit Island and unless you canoe out there you won't be able to see it unless you take the boat. I'd keep that one on your to do list.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,206 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which cruises shall we take

Like Davidgmg, I prefer Jasper's Maligne Lake cruise to Banff's cruise on Lake Minnewanka. I haven't done the other two.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Waterton Lakes National Park, Nelson
Level Contributor
2,675 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which cruises shall we take

Maligne Lake in Jasper and the Shoreline Cruise in Waterton are the 2 that would get my vote.

Fredericton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Fredericton, St. John's
Level Contributor
1,884 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which cruises shall we take

Lake Minnewanka is also a great spot to scuba dive! There used to ba a town there way back. It was flooded to help create a resevoir. Here is a link to the history and boat excursions!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Minnewanka

http://www.explorerockies.com/minnewanka/

california
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Which cruises shall we take

How long is the shoreline cruise? Is it different than the Goat Haunt? Please advise. thanks.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Waterton Lakes National Park, Nelson
Level Contributor
2,675 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which cruises shall we take

The Shoreline Cruise is indeed the one that goes to Goat Haunt. It disembarks from the Waterton village marina. It takes roughly 2.5 hours.

california
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Which cruises shall we take

Thank you very much for all your inputs.

9. Re: Which cruises shall we take

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Canmore