We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I use bus or train from Canmore to Calgary Stampede?

Which Canmore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bideford, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
250 reviews
Save Topic
Can I use bus or train from Canmore to Calgary Stampede?

Staying in Canmore but plan a day trip to The Stampede - prefer to use public transport but is this realistic and will it get us anywhere near the stampeded grounds?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
56,231 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I use bus or train from Canmore to Calgary Stampede?

Travelling from Canmore to Calgary will take about 1.5 hours by vehicle.

Brewster have a shuttle service from the Rockies, including Canmore, which can be researched here:

brewstertransportation.com/banff-airport-exp…

Others will be able to tell you how you get from Calgary depot to the Stampede grounds.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,318 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I use bus or train from Canmore to Calgary Stampede?

Your options are:

--take the Brewster Connect shuttle from Canmore to downtown Calgary, and then catch a C-Train on 7th Avenue to go to the Calgary Stampede

--take the Greyhound bus from Canmore to their station just outside of downtown, take the C-Train from the new Sunnyside station to downtown, then transfer to a south train to get to the Stampede Grounds

There are two Stampede Stations, on the north (Victoria/Stampede) and south (Erlton/Stampede) ends of the grounds, so once you're on a C-Train, your access is easy. It's $3 for a one-way C-Train ticket, and you can pay with cash, credit card, or debit. During Stampede, I'd strongly recommend cash, but you must have exact change; the machines don't give change.

Bideford, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can I use bus or train from Canmore to Calgary Stampede?

Thank you - that is very helpful - just what I needed to know

4. Re: Can I use bus or train from Canmore to Calgary Stampede?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2014, 06:16