We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Living in Canmore

Which Canmore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa
2 posts
Save Topic
Living in Canmore

Hi all.

Im moving to Canmore in Sept and am wondering whats the best way to go about finding a place to live.

I've been looking for any kind of forums that would have apartment listings... but have had no luck.

Any advice that can be offered it MUCH appreciated.

And any other advice on moving to canmore, aswell!

Thanks so much,

K

Banff
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Living in Canmore

Just moved here myself, found that it was pretty easy to find a place, but the costs are up there.

Do you have a job allready lined up? if so, call them, ask if they have any staff accommodation. A lot of places do, and there is such a low amount of workers out here that they may even help you out for the first few months.

other than that, there is 2 companies that rent out appartments, PIKA and Asset west.

Finaly, try the Canmore Leader online, http://www.canmoreleader.com/

there is a few ads in there.

Heck, I might be looking for a roomate soon, do not know if you would fit in my place, its pretty small.

Good luck and welcome to the rockies

Ian

Ottawa
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Living in Canmore

HI Ian,

I do have two jobs in Canmore already.

My issue is that I have a dog. Bellstar staff accoms are not pet friendly! :(

I'm currently looking into a few places at Whiskey Jack and Montagne.... hopefully something will come of it. I have references for the dog and myself... it's just not seeming to work too well. I've contacted Peka and Asset West and they've got my application on file.

Nice of you to offer but I doubt you'd be willing to accomodate the dog! ;)

Thanks for the advice! Hopefully something will come up!

3. Re: Living in Canmore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

We're sorry - the TripAdvisor staff closed this topic because TripAdvisor does not facilitate discussions about relocation or real estate purchases because these topics are not considered to be travel-related.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2006, 05:24