We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Running alone in Canmore

Orlando, Florida
7 posts
Save Topic
Running alone in Canmore

I will be in the early stages of training for a half marathon, so I need to get some running in during my vacation. Where are some safe areas to go running alone in Canmore (September)? I will probably be running 4-6 miles - around 7-8am.

Thank you.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
20,312 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Running alone in Canmore

Early morning is an active time of day for wildlife, and there is a lot of wildlife in the Canmore area, even in town and on the outskirts of town. My daughter lived there last summer, and has a friend who works for a local wildlife awareness organization, so was well aware of critter activity (cougars and grizzly bears being the most worrisome) and was not comfortable running out-of-town trails by herself, even having grown up here in Jasper.

Here is a link to the Town of Canmore's trail system: canmore.ca/Recreation-Parks-and-Facilities/T… I would suggest visiting the visitor information centre when you arrive, to get information on any recent wildlife sightings or issues.

2. Re: Running alone in Canmore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2015, 05:23
Get answers to your questions about Canmore
Recent Conversations
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now