We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining in Canmore

Which Canmore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton
Level Contributor
210 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Dining in Canmore

Coming to Canmore next week with wife and 2 kids aged 8 and 4.. looking for a family friendly dining spot. we enjoy italian, greek, japanese, mediterranean, indian or burgers. Any recommendations? we have a vehicle and are willing to drive. thanks in advance.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
5,547 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dining in Canmore

Greetings

For burgers, the Grizzly Paw Brewing Company is supposed to be good. Besides their beers, they also make great root beer, so something for all ages :o) The Wood is fine, though I've only eaten there in the summer when you can sit out on the patio (one of the best views in town).

I also happen to like the Georgetown Inn - I've seen plenty of kids there and they have a menu that's not fancy, but has good solid staples. Cozy, though I'd arrive early on a Friday or Saturday since the parking situation can be cramped, though not a crowded time of year now.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
18,164 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dining in Canmore

Not the healthiest of choices, perhaps, but La Belle Patate can't be beat for the selection of poutine. Another great spot for lunch (or breakfast) is the Summit Café.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
2,002 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dining in Canmore

We always grab a quick burger at the Drake, just your typical pub food though. Many recommend grizzly Paw on here though I am not sure why...I personally think its very over hyped, especially their beer.

Calgary
Level Contributor
887 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dining in Canmore

We take our kids to the Drake for burgerburgers occasionally .. helpful staff. Decent food ....

Alberta
Level Contributor
41 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dining in Canmore

The flatbread company is great with kids

Canmore, Alberta
Destination Expert
for Canmore
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dining in Canmore

Two places with great food that are suitable for families are:

The Community Cafe has a variety of different types of food that is creative and tasty. It is very kid friendly, in fact I would dare to say the locals go to place if they have children. They have an area set up in the back corner with comfy bean chairs and I think some kids toys are there as well.

Just up the street from there is the Harvest Cafe, lots of great food choices there too, hearty soups, sandwiches, I think they have burgers as well. I often see families in there.

Cheers

Calgary
Level Contributor
122 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dining in Canmore

There's The World of Burgers on Main street that opened up in the old White Horse cafe site. I haven't been yet, but I've heard good things. If you've fallen victim to the gluten free fad, this wold be a good choice as they have a large gluten free selection. Patrino's is a large family friendly restaurant (with attached lounge) that has everything from chicken fingers to ribs and pizza, to parmagianas, etc... good food and good prices. Chez Francois is also a good choice for family breakfast. A large menu with lots of options for the kids and some very good eggs benny versions for the grown up kids. As mentioned before, the Flatbread Company is very kid friendly, and the food is pretty good too. Not sure about Japanese or Indian as I haven't tried those options recently.

Canadian Rockies...
Level Contributor
633 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dining in Canmore

Tavern 1883 has really yummy burgers, and have great things to entertain kids ( colouring, little games, cards). Make sure you have a reservation, it can get busy. The Iron Goat also has great views and some good higher end pub food options.

Santa Lucia on Main street does a good pizza, and Rocky Mountain Flatbread co does really good pizza ( it's a bit more pricey).

The Spice Hut has yummy Indian ( I can't comment on how authentic it is), and Aromas has some good Mexican options. Y

Red Deer, Canada
Level Contributor
84 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dining in Canmore

I would recommend O Bistro in Canmore for a great lunch. La Belle Patate is good too. For coffee, head to Beamer's and for a nice supper, go to Chez Francois.

Canmore, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Dining in Canmore

Spice Hut is a must-go if you like Indian Food and we have an awesome Japanese restaurant called Wild Orchid that is great for kids (they sometimes have a big outdoor bon-fire on the patio and kids can roast marshmallows for dessert- lots of fun),