We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Navigation Diner Co. servers are racist pigs

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Topic
The Navigation Diner Co. servers are racist pigs

My friends and I went as a group of three male and three female Asians. We are all well mannered and conservative 20-somethings.

As soon as we stepped onto the premises, the waitress tried to discourage us from even sitting down. She mentioned a few times that there were no tables except for the one table that was literally right in front of us on the patio.

She did not help us set up the table, was very unfriendly and very un-helpful.

She tried to discourage us from even eating and made several comments, repeating herself vigorously within a span of 5 minutes. Her comments were so blatant that one of our party actually said, "So, are you trying to tell us not to eat here?" It was at that point that we decided to leave and we took our business elsewhere(Louis II btw, it was VERY good. TRY THE GRAVY!!)

So, all you Non-Caucasian visitors to Huntsville, beware of the prejudice stemming from The Navigation Diner Co.

Level Contributor
160 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Navigation Diner Co. servers are racist pigs

Last year, we were in a mixed family party (there were eight of us) and one of the kids we had with us (my neice) is black. We visited the Huntsville area and surely, the people seemed surprised (but hid it well) that we had a black teenager with us, but never was she, or us made to feel uncomfortable. We stayed at Nor-loch Lodge and I have to say, although they were consertative Canadians, they were lovely people who made us feel most welcome. We toured Ontario and Quebec and although the cities were very multicultural, the small towns and villages we stopped at for coffee en-route, appeared less so, we found not the slightest bit of racism anywhere, I'm sorry you did. Have you ever been to the Uk? there isn't anywhere here that isn't a mixture. Regards Ann

Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
928 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The Navigation Diner Co. servers are racist pigs

You're not very nice either, calling people pigs.

Whistler
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: The Navigation Diner Co. servers are racist pigs

sorry for your experience as a former huntsville native. you will be happy to know that the before your visit the navco property had been sold out from under the restauranteurs feet and left them out to dry as well as all their staff. therefore the owners and the staff no longer have jobs as they knew that all summer long it would be their last. no excuse for bad service though...i would sincerely doubt there was any "racism" involved. as an ethnic person myself it would be hard to believe that my friends have been prejudice against me for nearly 30 yrs.