We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deerhurst or Hidden Valley Resort Query

Which Huntsville hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
234 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Deerhurst or Hidden Valley Resort Query

Hi,

Could anyone pse advise which resort would be better to stay at Mid week for 2 nights.

Our trip is from Toronto -Huntsville-Ottawa-Montreal.

Are either worth going to ?

Thank you

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
912 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Deerhurst or Hidden Valley Resort Query

Between the two I'd cast a vote for Deerhurst. "worth going to" rather depends on what you are looking for. It is a very nice resort, lots of golf opportunities and a good base from which to explore some very scenic countryside. If your trip is in late September/early October during the Fall Colours it is spectacular.

Have a great trip.

Ireland
Level Contributor
234 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Deerhurst or Hidden Valley Resort Query

Thanks a lot for your quick response.

Yes, look forward to the fall colours.

Thanks for your best wishes.

Look forward to visiting your beautiful country.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Deerhurst or Hidden Valley Resort Query

I get the impression that the time share units are not as nice as main lodge. Have you stayed on any of the other units? We're interested in July 2009. thank you

Huntsville, Ontario
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Deerhurst or Hidden Valley Resort Query

Hello Tripann, this is Anne from Deerhurst. Wanted to let you know about the differences between our Pavilion (main lodge) acoomodations and the condo-style suites that are located in various buildings next to the lake and Deerhurst Lakeside golf course. Pavilion accommodations are hotel style rooms with two queen or one king bed. They are all the same decor and are more recently renovated. Comparatively condo suites come in 1 to 3 bedroom configurations and include a full living dining area, plus some fireplaces and jet tubs. Since these units are also part of a rental pool some of them reflect the decor selections of the individual owners. That being said, as of 2008, all Deerhurst accommodations have an upgraded bedding package, part of ongoing enhancements. So, I'd say that a good way to base your decision is whether you're looking for more room to spread out and self-catering OR the convenience of being in the main activity hub right next to restaurants, indoor pool and spa. Hope that helps, if there's anything further I can do, just post back.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Deerhurst or Hidden Valley Resort Query

thank you for your input. I'd be interested in photos of the interiors of the timeshare units.

Huntsville, Ontario
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Deerhurst or Hidden Valley Resort Query

Anne from Deerhurst re. request for timeshare unit photos. Will address week of 01/05/09 for you. Stay tuned.

7. Re: Deerhurst or Hidden Valley Resort Query

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 01:18