We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

**Blue Mountain Resort Help

Which Collingwood hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
697 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
**Blue Mountain Resort Help

I am going to Blue Mountain next weekend. I have never been and know nothing about the resort and area.

I have a 1 bedroom in the "village" likely the Grand Georgian.

Can someone tell me what that is?

What I had requested was a 1 bedroom but it had to be relatively modern and not 10+ years old.

Any insight anyone could provide would be much appreciated.

I am going with my wife and 8 month old daughter. We are going to just have some decent meals, relax, and go for some nice walks.

Any info you can provide would be much appreciated.

toronto
Level Contributor
399 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: **Blue Mountain Resort Help

I would suggest going to Scenic Caves, but I don't know how well it would go over with an 8 month old. There is a suspension bridge and caves you can explore, and there is also a tree top tour, which obviously cant be done with the 8 month old!

I wonder if the resort offers a daycare service that you could use for a day?

toronto
Level Contributor
399 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: **Blue Mountain Resort Help

Waasaga beach is also nearby, which would be more baby friendly. you could walk with her in the stroller along the boardwalk.

Toronto
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: **Blue Mountain Resort Help

BryGuy, the Grand Georgian is beautiful as are the other two 'village lodges' Seasons and Weider.

You'll have a great time.

First of all, I would advise you to stop in the A&P grocery store at 26 & 24 before you arive in the village. Your suite will have a full kitchen, but there is no grocery store in the village.

Secondly once you arrive and have gotten comfortable stop into 'Activity Central' it is a small storefront in the village on 'Main Street' Which is a pedestrian only street. Activity Central will assist you in finding anything and everything around the area. It is a must before you do anything!

Finally, window shopping in the village is an experience as well, be sure to stop into The Olde Stanton Store and The Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. YUM!

I love the Village at Blue and have been vacationing there for years. I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine does!

Ont
Level Contributor
477 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: **Blue Mountain Resort Help

I would suggest a ride up the gondola on a clear day you can see up the Peninsula & across to Wasaga.

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: **Blue Mountain Resort Help

Hi BryGuy, I live here at Blue Mountain. You couldn't have a room over 10 years old as the complex isn't that old yet (I don't think).

You've been given good tips already. If you need any more assistance please feel free to PM me.

BTW do NOT speed on Mountain road...there are police everywhere waiting for the tourists who don't read the speed limit. Enjoy

6. Re: **Blue Mountain Resort Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Collingwood