We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1000 island cruises

Fort Worth, TX
Level Contributor
75 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
1000 island cruises

Are there any reviews for the wildcat castle crawler adventure cruise?

Is renting a small boat recommended ? I would like to see the area and enjoy the islands but don't really want to be stuck in a big boat for too long. Unless that is the recommended way ro see the area

5 replies to this topic
West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,696 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1000 island cruises

Hi discgolfbeth;

Taking a quick look at their website, it appears that this is a new service in the 1000 Island region, just starting-up this year.

Best Regards

Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1000 island cruises

We took the Wildcat cruise last week. We got our tickets through Groupon at half the regular price. I would recommend the cruise at this price. It wasn't a "wild" ride, but very interesting to see the houses and castles from this perspective. The boat only goes 45mph some of the time, when in open water areas. This isn't a thrill ride though.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,696 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1000 island cruises

Hi Abby9094;

Thanks for your comments on this new service.

If I may ask...

Have you taken any of the other tour boats in the region ? If so, how do they compare to the Wildcat ?

Best Regards

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1000 island cruises

Hi All,

WOW !!

This one is news to me… and I am in the 1000 Islands Region Regularly… (example... have been there 2 weekends in a row)

LOVE IT when I hear of a new venture in the area… very good for the economy (albeit I think this JetBoat Cruise might not be a favourite with the local cottagers due to the noise factor)

May have to book myself on one of these outings (although I think I’d have to convince Mr Wine to go along… and I note that they are about 2x the price of a regular cruise thru the Islands)

In the meantime… like RESCUE TEAM, I am keen to hear back (with details) from anyone who has been.

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1000 island cruises

Glad I could be of some help.

I have taken the Gan. cruise a couple of times in the past. If you are looking for a relaxing, informative afternoon with the option of stopping at Boldt Castle then those are the cruises for you.

The Wildcat does give some great history of the Islands and of the area, but isn't fully narrated. There are also only a couple of times on the WC where you are able to get up and stretch and walk around. We took the 2 hour cruise and saw both the Singer and Boldt castles which was nice.

Both cruises are fully licensed however! I would recommend checking out the WC website to get a good idea of the cruise.

Reply to: 1000 island cruises
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Brockville
More Brockville Topics