We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

High Falls Resort

Which Bracebridge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
High Falls Resort

One of the nices places we have been in Bracebridge. My husband and I take weekend trips and we have stayed in almost all of the resorts in Bracebridge, and while they were all very nice we never really wanted to go back. Except for High Falls. We just loved it. Nature, Water, Falls, Pool, Quiet, Walking Trails etc. it has everything we love. The staff is very friendly and funny, the cottages are just that , cottages but had everything i needed for the weekend. We have now booked it for the august long weekend and we rented 3 cottages for ourselves and our children. we also told our friends about it and they have rented a cottage for the same weekend. I cannot wait to go back and back again, for High Falls Resort will be our getaway for now on when we are in the Bracebridge area.

new york city
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: High Falls Resort

I can't believe this review. We have just been there this past Labor day weekend and had a dreadful time. The place is dirty, and I mean really dirty. The facilities have promise but it is so run down it is shameful. The towels were never changed and the rooms were never cleaned. The ping pong table was destroyed and the air hockey was not operating.

There is also a bizarre policy of nudity after 6 at the pool and all day at the beach.

We checked out a day early and will never ever come back.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: High Falls Resort

Anyone thinking of booking this "resort" might want to check out the reviews posted here and be forewarned...

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g181759-d582…

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
914 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: High Falls Resort

I think there is a lot more going on here than meets the eye. See for instance bracebridgeexaminer.com/news_-_sept%2022.htm and discuss.ctv.ca/forums/showthread.php…

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
914 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: High Falls Resort

Not to belabour this but I notice on the High Falls website that it does state re the Hot Tub "skinny dipping after 8:00 p.m." www.highfalls.ca/activities/summer/index.html and at the asssociated water park's site it does say "Bask in the sun on our 2000 feet of sandy beaches and a sand bar island, au naturel clothing optional. " http://www.highfallswaterpark.ca/ They are also listed on the Federation of Canadian Naturists (i.e. nudists) website. http://www.fcn.ca/ontclubs.html Thus I don't think it can be said that they are trying to hide what they are. Going to a resort listed on a nudist website and then complaining of nudity seems a bit, well, bizarre.

Not having been there myself I can not speak to the complaints regarding the quality of accomodation.

5. Re: High Falls Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 19:16
Get answers to your questions about Bracebridge