We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grail Spring Spa

Ontario
1 post
Save Topic
Grail Spring Spa

Was there recently for a few days- beautiful accomodations, serene athmosphere, and setting! However, price of dspa treatments is very high (ie.$115 for a 45 mins facial,$ 135 for a 60 mins deep tissue massage), the vegan diet is heavy on starch and salt (rings did not fit the whole time we were there) and certainly not worth the $100.00 /day per person it costs, and although the speakers in the evenings are pleasant and eager, their knowledge base of nutrition and health is very poor-- ie. we were told there was "controversy' about coconut milk being high in fat (!) and that apple cider vinegar "gets rid of' fat cells !

Fresh fruits beautifully prepared would have been a welcome addition instead of the tofy puddings as would have various stir fries full of vegetables. Prices of treatment should be more in line with those of Canadian cities instead of the U.K., and knowledgeable nutritionist should give talks on nutrition and diet. . For the money, one can get much better than this- our impression is that this spa seeks to exploit people by offering calm and serenity while cutting costs on meals and charging exorbitiant prices for treatment. A real disappointment!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grail Spring Spa

Hi 2009DD,

Thanks for the mini TripReport.

I am unfamiliar with this particular spa, so reading your experience was good to know.

I am curious though... I got the distinct feeling that perhaps you were from the UK << Prices of treatment should be more in line with those of Canadian cities instead of the U.K >>... and yet your TA LOCATOR shows you as Ontario (if you are from the UK, then you should change your LOCATOR on your PROFILE Page, because it will be beneficial to you whenever you ask for help on TA... enables DEs like myself to give you more customized answers. Doesn't have to be an exact location say if you are from a small town, could be just the nearest closest big city).

Anyways I was sorry to hear you were disappointed... it always is bothersome when you spend good money to go on vacation, and it doesn't turn out as one expects.

Grail Springs is a member of Ontario's Finest Inns & Spas, you should check out their website www.ontariosfinestspas.com perhaps you'll find something more to your liking for your next spa visit.

Also, you might want to take the time to write a Review for the TA REVIEW Section, as the info here will quickly become lost... far more people read the REVIEW Section than the FORUMS when looking for vacation spots.

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

2. Re: Grail Spring Spa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2010, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Bancroft