We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

return from NFLd, port aux basques

sherbrooke, quebec
Level Contributor
36 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
return from NFLd, port aux basques

Hello, on the return portion of our road trip we are planning on taking the ferry at 830 am to NS. we are planning to sleep over in the area to be ready for the 7am boarding. we have a pop-up tent trailer with us. Any very close campgrounds to sleep at? or parking lot that would allow to camp-out? We are travelling with 2 kids as well. Any advice?

4 replies to this topic
Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
11,674 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: return from NFLd, port aux basques

I am a bit confused. Do you want a place to stay in Port Aux Basques or North Sydney?

sherbrooke, quebec
Level Contributor
36 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: return from NFLd, port aux basques

Sorry I wasn't clear... Looking for a plce to sleep at port aux basques to be ready for early morning boarding

:)

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
11,674 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: return from NFLd, port aux basques

So you need to post on the Newfoundland forum: tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g154962-i754-Newfou…

I hope someone there can help you.

Fall River, Canada
Destination Expert
for Halifax
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: return from NFLd, port aux basques

Yes, there is a very close campground to the ferry.

You will have to be at the ferry a full 2 hours before boarding or you risk losing your reservation. Dunno if you can dismantle your accomodations in the dark.... but during the summer the ferry is extreemely busy and some times it breaks down. If it breaks down, everything backs up. So you NEED to have a reservation, and you NEED to keep an eye on their website or call to see if the ferry is backed up.

…gov.nl.ca/env/parks/parks/p_jtc/index.html

Reply to: return from NFLd, port aux basques
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about North Sydney