We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Louie's Steakhouse a good choice for an intimate birthday?

Which Nelson hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Louie's Steakhouse a good choice for an intimate birthday?

I am looking for a restaurant to take my husband for his birthday next week. He's a steak and/or fish lover. Not to mention anything chocolate for dessert. I like the look of Louie's menu but they are not listed in TA under Nelson restaurants. Can anyone reccommend Louie's Steakhouse? Or is Season's a better choice?

Kootenays, British...
Level Contributor
405 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Louie's Steakhouse a good choice for an intimate birthday?

I can't comment directly on Louie's since I've never been there (in fact, until your post I was unaware of the name of the restaurant in the Grand). Maybe it's new. However, I can comment on your suggested alternative. The All Season Cafe is reliably good and well worth going to.

In Rossland make sure you try The Drift...and Gabriella's.....and Gypsy at the Mountain!

Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
8,869 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Louie's Steakhouse a good choice for an intimate birthday?

My meal of a year ago in the steakhouse of the Grand was excellent. Initimate? I guess so.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Waterton Lakes National Park, Nelson
Level Contributor
2,676 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Louie's Steakhouse a good choice for an intimate birthday?

Another excellent choice for a special meal in Nelson is the Hume Hotel. They have a number of steak and seafood choices on their menu and the beautifully restored historic hotel provides a nice setting.

Nelson, bc
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Louie's Steakhouse a good choice for an intimate birthday?

Louie's is an awesome restaurant to take your man. We've been frequenting Louie's for a couple of years now. They recently switched Chef's, about a year ago it think, and since then they have by far the best food in town. The service is always super friendly, and professional.

Rockies BC
Level Contributor
812 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Louie's Steakhouse a good choice for an intimate birthday?

Seasons food is nice but I have found the service to be absolutely TERRIBLE. I would never go back - the last time there we waited an hour for our entrees. And we were simply led outdoors to sit on the deck & were not given the option of indoors (not an issue in winter obviously) when it had been pouring rain & it was cool & damp & my dinner guest is an elderly woman and the outdoor heater isn't working all combined for an unpleasant evening, even though the food itself was good.

6. Re: Louie's Steakhouse a good choice for an intimate birthday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 December 2014, 19:15