We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Starlight Beach House

Which Nelson hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario, Oregon
Level Contributor
32 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Starlight Beach House

My advice is to stay away from the Starlight Beach House, a private rental house outside Nelson that rents for $2,500 a week.

The website is at http://www.discovernelson.com/starlight/.

The house is located at 1622 SW Hwy 3A, a few miles outside Nelson on the north shore of Kootenay Lake's West Arm.

We stayed there for a week in August, 2006, and the house was in very poor condition on the inside. Although the appliances worked, the furniture was shot, and the bedrooms were sparsely furnished with rickety beds and old mattresses. We had a recurring mouse problem. It was not very clean. On the plus side, the house is in a beautiful location, right on the water, and it has a nice back porch and hot tub. But the owner has apparently invested very little money in upkeep, and it shows.

Brighton
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Starlight Beach House

I totally agree with larrysul's advice. I have recently returned from a week at the starlight. The location is quite nice but from there it goes downhill. The house was not cleaned, the hot tub leaked, many of the bedrooms did not even have bedside tables or lamps, the glass railings around the deck were broken and the list goes on from there.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
25,058 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Starlight Beach House

What a shame to have your visit to this beautiful area spoiled by poor accomodations. Thanks for taking the time to try and warn others. Did you post a review? As this forum rotates so quickly, it will be difficult to find this in a few months. The reviews are easier to search.

Vancouver
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Starlight Beach House

Yeah, I stayed there too. It was pretty gross. The living room couch was ripped and dirty and missing a leg. A half used can of oil paint had been used to prop it up. My room had dust bunnies and dead bugs on all the window sills. The hot tub had cracks in it which meant that it slowly drained itself over the course of a day - leaving it empty. When my family complained about the condition of the house, the managerial company threatened to sue us for slander. Total wierdos. Stay away!

Nelson, BC
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Starlight Beach House

We are the owners of the STARLIGHT BEACH HOUSE.

We take great pride in our vacation beach house, and it

was rented exactly in the beautiful condition as shown on the webpage at www.discovernelson.com/starlight

The customer did not complain at all during the above stay at this beautiful location.

We are happy to deal with any concerns that any customers have during their stay at this beautiful location.

alberta
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Starlight Beach House

We stayed with our family there in July this summer (2008) and had a wonderful time! The weather, the beach and family time made this the best vacation ever - we didn't have any problems and are planning a family a reunion for next year! Great space! Great beach! Great house!

6. Re: Starlight Beach House

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 06:20