We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to Stay in Merritt

cheltenham
Level Contributor
26 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Places to Stay in Merritt

I am planning a road trip through the Rockies (from Vancouver to Banff)with my boyfriend, and we plan to stop in Merritt for a night. Can anyone reccommend a good place to stay? We would like to stay in a B & B but the only one I can find is a little above my budget.

Many Thanks.

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,926 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to Stay in Merritt

Merritt is a tiny place with little to offer visitors except Trout fishing in season.

If you contact www.merritt-chamber.bc.ca or 1.877.330.3377 and ask for a complete list of *all accommodations options* you may have better results than what you've found to date.

Many B&Bs in small places have no advertising budget and rely on word-of-mouth to stay in business.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,958 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to Stay in Merritt

An hour east of Merritt is Kamloops, which is a much bigger town with more hotels. You may find more suitable B&B's in the vicinity also. You can then do a search on reviews of the B&B's.

Did you look at bbcanada.com?

Kamloops, BC...
Level Contributor
9,743 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to Stay in Merritt

Hi borris -

There is a free publication issued by Tourism BC that includes all the inspected accomodation in the province. I get it every year so that we can plan week-ends away, etc.

Go to www.hellobc.com and request the BC 2005 Approved Accomodation Guide, or call them direct at +1 250-387-1642. They have a vacation planning guide and a reservation service. There mey be other B&Bs in the area that have opened since the 2005 Guide was finalized.

Good luck, the trip you are planning is a great one.

cheltenham
Level Contributor
26 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to Stay in Merritt

Thanks, I will look up the suggested website and see what they can come up with. There are some places in Merritt, we were just looking for something a bit special, we found a great B&B in Revelstoke!

The trip will certainly be a good one...once in a life time I think!

Kamloops is a little further than we want to travel as we will be coming from seattle then to Vancouver, then to Meritt all in one day. Allowing for site seeing stops...hoping to see some bears, we feel merritt will be a better distance and also a chance to get used to driving in Canada! Gulp!

Will let you know what we decide!