We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for treed camping options

Which Golden hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Valencia
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
looking for treed camping options

I will be coming through Golden with a few friends. We will doing some white water rafting and golfing in the area. I am looking for somewhere to camp that has a foresty feel to it. I camped in Golden years ago and ended up having to camp in a campground that felt very much like an open field. . . it wasn't exactly what I had in mind when picturing mountain camping. I am looking for something that gives an foresty / "away from town" feel. We will be using tents so we don't need RV space. Anything really within 45 minutes of the White Water rafting base would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance for any help you might be!

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
18,417 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for treed camping options

The campgrounds in the national parks are just what you are looking for. Golden is in between two beautiful mountain national parks - Yoho and Glacier. You can access camping information for each of them at the Parks Canada website: www.pc.gc.ca . (Go to whichever park you want info for, choose "visitor information" and then "where to stay/camping" from the left hand menu.)

Golden BC
Level Contributor
15 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for treed camping options

Cedar Lake which is a small provincial campsite about 10 minutes from the Golf Course on the way to Kicking Horse Mountain Resort. The lakes are great for swimming and you are in the middle of some of the best mountain biking trails anywhere called Moonraker trails. Fabulous spot. No highway or train noise and the middle of the mountains. And only a few minutes from Kicking Horse Mountain Resort too...Can't go wrong

Canmore, Canada
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: looking for treed camping options

The Eco-Ranch in Nicholson is a good option too. More commercial than Cedar Lake, but has flush toilets and hot showers in addition to treed sites. It's where all the parasailers (?) land too, pretty neat to watch. I realize I am a little late in replying, but thought I would give my 2 cents anyway :)

4. Re: looking for treed camping options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2011, 05:16