We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comparison of Kicking Horse to Revelstoke BC - ski season

Which Golden hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,242 posts
195 reviews
Save Topic
Comparison of Kicking Horse to Revelstoke BC - ski season

I like to take a comparison of Kicking Horse to Revelstoke BC.

For ski season

What are the length of ski runs as compared to Revelstoke.

What are the quality of runs and difficulty level compared to Revelstoke?

If you had to choose between the 2 what resort would you prefer to ski at regarding just the ski aspect.

What is more recommended?

Thanks

Vancouver
Level Contributor
120 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Comparison of Kicking Horse to Revelstoke BC - ski season

I've only skied Kicking Horse so far, but am very much looking forward to hearing what people have to say about Revelstoke. I can tell you that Kicking Horse presents a good challenge for advanced/expert skiiers. Some steep bowls, long fall lines. Absolutely breathtaking views from the summit. I know Revelstoke's vertical is higher, so they've probably got some longer runs.

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,242 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Comparison of Kicking Horse to Revelstoke BC - ski season

Do u know about the parking lot at Kicking Horse Ski resort?

Is the public parking free at Kicking Horse ski resort?

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,242 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Comparison of Kicking Horse to Revelstoke BC - ski season

Is the ski resort close to Golden? i know there is expensive accomdations at the Kicking Horse Ski resort. But i was wondering if its possible to just stay in Golden and drive to the ski resort? as it would be cheaper to stay in the city?

thanks

Golden BC
Level Contributor
15 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Comparison of Kicking Horse to Revelstoke BC - ski season

Yes parking is free at Kicking horse. Lots of space. Depends on what you would like for accommodation. There are a number of great small lodges on the hill which means saving time and money driving up and down the hill. Vagabond Lodge is a great place to stay across the road from the Gondola. There are a number of nice B&Bs in Golden which is only 10 minutes away. Country Comfort B&B is really nice. There is a hostel ..Dreamcatcher in downtown Golden and close to the pubs and eating spots. Also the Kicking Horse River Lodge is on the edge of town as you head to the ski area. Really nice place but close to the Railway tracks. Winter shouldn't be an issue.

5. Re: Comparison of Kicking Horse to Revelstoke BC - ski season

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2011, 06:16