We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental

Which Cranbrook hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
Level Contributor
607 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Car Rental

Can anyone recommend a good inexpensive car rental company from Cranbrook airport? We would need a car for 1 week.

Thank you

17 replies to this topic
Vancouver
Level Contributor
607 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Car Rental

Why would going to Lussier not work with my car rental? I have rented before in Canada and driven to different provinces?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
54,700 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Car Rental

It's probably gravel road and rental agencies prohibit their cars from going on gravel roads. You would have to read their T&Cs to make sure.

Edited: 11 June 2013, 01:25
Vancouver
Level Contributor
607 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Car Rental

Yes that would make sense. Thankyou for reminding me.

Rockies BC
Level Contributor
744 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Car Rental

yes that's exactly why. The road's not bad, for a logging road, but it's still a gravel road & as I understood it off limits to rental cars or you'd void your contract. You might be stuck with Fairmont or Radium - I prefer the latter although there's nothing wrong with Fairmont.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
607 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Car Rental

Yes for sure I will check on the road conditions. Why is it that you like Radium better? I am trying to avoid the real touristy spots. Is Radium like that?

Thank you

Rockies BC
Level Contributor
744 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Car Rental

they are both touristy, it's just that Radium is right up against the mountain side, you can look up the cliff face & sometimes see mountain goats up there, and the pool is a bit smaller. On the other hand the cool pool is a bit of a distance away, you can't be in the hot pool & supervise yr child in the cool pool, which you can do at Fairmont (the cooler pool & the hot pool are right up against each other). Also, Fairmont is about 20 min or so closer to Fernie than Radium. apples & oranges!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
607 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: Car Rental

Thanks again, you have been very helpful.

Reply to: Car Rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cranbrook