We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canoe/Kayak/conservation Expedition

Prestonian...
Level Contributor
26 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Canoe/Kayak/conservation Expedition

Hello

I am a volunteer leader with the Windmill Youth and Development group based in Blackpool. We take children from all backgrounds on adventure activities and put young people through their Duke of Edinburgh Awards.

This summer we are travelling to British Columbia on an expedition. We will be there for 17 days at the end of June/ start of July. We are planning to do a few days canoeing down the Campbell River a few days Sea Kayaking and the rest of the time trekking or doing a conservation project.

The Windmill group is a registered charity and all the 15 young people (aged between 14-17) have to fundraise to get the money for the trip so it is vital to keep costs as low as possible.

We are looking for companies from whom we can hire canoe/kayaking equipment we will have experienced instructors with us.

We are also looking for any conservation projects on the Island that need some willing and experienced volunteers (we undertake a lot of conservation projects in the UK as part of the Duke of Edinburgh Scheme).

There is also the possibility of an exchange for anyone who could lend us kit in BC to borrow our kit if they ever come to the UK.

Any advice or help would be much appreciated.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
2,506 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canoe/Kayak/conservation Expedition

I'd suggest you contact Campbell River Tourism Assn direct as well as your post here. It's very possible someone there can be of great assistance. http://www.campbellrivertourism.com/

I've also added the Campbell River Fish & Wildlife Assn. website as they do a lot of conservation projects. My suggestion would be to contact Wade, the name with an email contact at the very bottom of the page - he looks afer the website. http://www.crfw.crcn.net/

Also thought I'd throw these websites at you:

www.destinyriver.com

www.campbellriversnorkeltours.com

www.snorkelwithsalmon.com

Sound like a fun project!

Buffalo
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Canoe/Kayak/conservation Expedition

You should try outforadventure.com I took a trip with them a while back, but they also rent canoes and kayaks. i know this because the day I showed up for my trip I helped a guy from Texas load a cane he rented. (Funny how things work, I saw this same guy eight months later in Arizona - kool thing about travel). Anyway the people at the Out For Adventure were really great to deal with. They made my trip a five star adventure.

Good Luck!

London
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Canoe/Kayak/conservation Expedition

Hello.

I have been cruising the site and stumbled accross this post when I saw Out For Adventure Tours mentioned. I just took a tour with them and have been spending some time telling others how great the trip was. Hope this helps. Sorry if this is irrelevant. I am new to this and just realized as I was typing I might be off topic but I scanned up the page and can only see your post. Cheers!

4. Re: Canoe/Kayak/conservation Expedition

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 14:19
Get answers to your questions about Campbell River