We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vancouver - Fly/drive

surrey
1 post
Save Topic
Vancouver - Fly/drive

Hello, I wonder if anybody can let me have any details of the short water plane trip from Vancouver that goes north to the River Campbell. I would like to hire a car andfor a wizz around and see the best of Vancouvers wildlife.

Thanks

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
58,335 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vancouver - Fly/drive

Your idea is a good one. It would be quite easy to fly, for example, to Nanaimo from Vancouver and then drive a rental car further north to Campbell River and environs. It would be worth a few days to do that. You might even consider 3 days in the Tofino area for "the best of ...."

www.harbour-air.com would take you to Nanaimo. From Nanaimo to Campbell River would take about 2 hours. What would be really worth considering is the 4 hour drive to Telegraph Cove at the north end of Vancouver Island. From here you can go whale watching as well as take a day trip over to the mainland to go grizzly watching. Depends on the time of year you will be here.

It would be a shame if you wizzed around. You might miss a fair bit. And seeing wildlife is a bit like a lottery - you might win, you might not. Wild animals are elusive even when taking an organized tour.

2. Re: Vancouver - Fly/drive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2010, 05:23