We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best choice for Bear Watching and Whale Watching

kcmo
Level Contributor
253 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Best choice for Bear Watching and Whale Watching

We will be staying in Campbell River and want to do bear watching and whale watching. We are looking at Aboriginal Journeys and Discovery Safari Tours.

Any current information would be appreciate. We want to be sure we get to licensed viewing platforms, not stopping at an estuary because some group has lost their license or whatever.

Thanks!

Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best choice for Bear Watching and Whale Watching

I have heard good things about both Aboriginal Journeys and Hurricane Jack tours. Not sure about Discovery.

Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best choice for Bear Watching and Whale Watching

My husband and I have gone on both the Whale Watching and Grizzly Bear tours with Aboriginal Journeys. This year we went on the Whale Watching tour and last year the Grizzly Bear Tour. Both tours were fantastic!!

Garry the guide and owner worked very hard both times to show us all the wonderful scenery and wildlife. Make sure all of us guests were able to view the scenery and wildlife. On both trips lunch and beverages were provided to us from a really good local Bakery. (we even went there for lunch on a different day!) The boat is covered, has toilet and room to move around. On the Whale Watching trip he asked if we needed to be back by a certain time, so that he could give us more time watching all the different wildlife and experience everything that day. He went that extra bit to make sure us and other guests were happy.

The Grizzly Tours does go to the rivers in Bute Inlet, it is a boat ride there and bus ride to platforms. The platforms are big and just above the river so you can see a lot. It is a beautiful place where two rivers come together. We watched bears go into the river and catch fish. Some were sniffing, walking around and some running in river and catched fish.

I would recommend to you Aboriginal Journeys, it your choice, but we have absolutely loved our time on his tours.

Edited: 26 July 2010, 21:09
3. Re: Best choice for Bear Watching and Whale Watching

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2011, 05:18