We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Painter's Lodge or April's Point

Franklin, Tennessee
Level Contributor
42 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Painter's Lodge or April's Point

Would you stay at Painter's Lodge or April's Point? We are a couple in our 50's and we are more interested in the outdoors and a peaceful setting. We just want our accommodations to be clean and comfortable. Thank you in advance with your help.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
615 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Painter's Lodge or April's Point

Painter's Lodge is on the main Island and April Point is on Quadra Island. They are about 10 minutes apart by private tender or you can take BC Ferry across and take your car.

Unless they have done upgrades to April Point since 2006 when I worked there it is not as new and modern as Painter's Lodge.

Watching the cruise ships pass between the 2 is a beautiful site at night.

Both will give you a quiet peaceful vacation.

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
11,934 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Painter's Lodge or April's Point

I'd say Painter's simply because it's on the island as opposed to being on a smaller island so more opportunity for day trips to various spots.

Comox,British...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,462 posts
312 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Painter's Lodge or April's Point

Same company owns both if you are staying multiple nights you could split it up easily.My leaning would be toward April Point,I have stayed at both and I find April Point has a more rural feel and more outdoorsy, it has been upgraded

They can shuttle you to & from either or with their water taxi

4. Re: Painter's Lodge or April's Point

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2014, 21:47
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
58,415 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Painter's Lodge or April's Point

You say peaceful setting but you don't say retreat. Quadra is ~ 300 km2, or say, 30 x 10 km. You would defo have more options available to you if you stayed at Painter's. Unless you simply want to check in and then more or less veg out. I could see Quadra for 3 nights/ 2 full days, maybe.

Victoria, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Painter's Lodge or April's Point

Hi Stephanie, thanks for your interest in Painter's Lodge and April Point Resort & Spa. Both resorts have their advantages, but if you're looking for a more peaceful setting then I would recommend April Point. Keep in mind that no matter which property you're staying at you can take advantage of the activities and amenities at both resorts.

Fishing charters, Wildlife Adventure Tours and Wine & Cheese Cruises leave from both resorts. April Point has kayak rental, scooter rentals and an Aveda Spa, while Painter's Lodge as a swimming pool and a fitness centre. You'll also have three restaurants to choose from: The April Point Dining Room, Legend's Dining and the Tyee Pub.

If you have any more questions about the resorts I'd be happy to answer them for you :)

Travis Fleming

Marketing Coordinator

Oak Bay Marine Group

7. Re: Painter's Lodge or April's Point

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2015, 05:16