We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best way here

Which Les Baux de Provence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston TX
Level Contributor
23 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
best way here

What is the best way here from Paris? Does one have to rent a car or can you arrive by train?

11. Re: best way here

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 04 November 2015, 15:59
Houston TX
Level Contributor
23 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: best way here

No we don't have to go to Les Baux. I was able to reserve a room at Le Prince Noir and thought it looked amazing. However, Eze looks just like what I was after as well. Do you need a rental car there? I know we would in Les Baux. You guys are fantastic!

13. Re: best way here

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 04 November 2015, 15:59
Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: best way here

I had assumed you had booked accommodation in Les Baux and that that was the end of the story but if not...

No you don't really need a car in Èze if you don't mind taking the bus from Nice. You could get there by taxi of course but taxis in and around Nice tend to be expensive. You can also take a bus from Èze down to Monte Carlo. In fact you can make a circular trip by taking the bus to MC, the train to Nice and the bus back to Èze.

Other possibilities very close to Nice would be St. Paul de Vence and Tourettes-sur-Loup but accommodations in the latter are a bit sparse.

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,212 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: best way here

Irish, I was replying to what I thought was a question about going from Paris to Nice to Les Baux. So no, I don't have a better idea about how to get to Rome.

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: best way here

Sorry. I misunderstood. I thought the Paris-Nice-Les Baux issue had already been dealt with.

Destination Expert
for Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
3,634 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: best way here

While I find Western Provence far more interesting than the Riviera/Cote d'Azur - since you only have 3 days to spend in the South of France, and are heading to Rome - you should just spend your time along the Riviera. Do Western Provence on your next trip to France.

Hopefully, your next trip will be more focused, and you will allow yourselves an opportunity to REALLY explore one or two regions.

With regard to the choice between Eze and Les Baux - IMHO, Les Baux wins, hands down! Why? Because Les Baux has many other important historical sites relatively nearby, including St. Remy, and Arles, Avignon, Orange, AIgues Mortes (down in the Camargue), Vaison-la-Romaine, etc.

But, if you just want to spend some time along the Med rim, in an area where the beaches tend to be more stony as opposed to super sandy, go for anywhere close to Nice.

18. Re: best way here

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2011, 07:20
Get answers to your questions about Les Baux de Provence