We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any B & B in Gananoque or Kingston that allow children

Effingham, Illinois
Level Contributor
42 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Any B & B in Gananoque or Kingston that allow children

In the states children are allowed in B&B's but I haven't been able to find any in the area that accomodate 2 adults, 2 children (ages 7 & 11). If someone knows of any, could you please advise? Thank you!

Egg Harbor...
Level Contributor
272 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any B & B in Gananoque or Kingston that allow children

The Gananoque Inn and Spa- I have been here a number of times and seen children of all ages with their parents. They have a wonderful buffet breakfast in the summer and the location right on th St Lawrence River is second to none. You can also walk to the Gananoque boat tours from there. It's one of my very favorite places anywhere.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,076 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any B & B in Gananoque or Kingston that allow children

Hi rugrats;

The Islandview Inn B&B accepts children, and they are located one block from the St. Lawrence River, and the tour boat docks.

http://www.islandviewinnbb.com/rates.htm

family1st has suggested the Gananoque Inn. The Gananoque Inn is a hotel, not a B&B, and charges accordingly.

Best Regards

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
19,436 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any B & B in Gananoque or Kingston that allow children

I don't know about that specific area, but just wanted to give you a "heads up" .... even if children are accepted at a B&B, it does not necessarily mean that they are accommodated free within the parents' room.... you may have to rent an additional room for them, as the room may not be large enough for more than two people, or the B&B's occupancy limit may not permit otherwise. For instance, I know a lady with a B&B near Niagara On The Lake who has three rooms and is allowed to accommodate a total of six guests. At her place, children stay in their own room, because if they were to share their parent's room, she has to leave another room empty so as not to exceed her occupancy limit.

Technically it is illegal for a B&B *not* to accept children (discrimination based on age), however, a B&B is not required to provide free or discounted accommodation for them. Some B&B hosts do not want to accept children because they want to create an adult ambiance - perhaps they are set up for honeymoons or romantic get-aways etc. Perhaps they have had experience with past guests who did not ensure their children behaved appropriately, and they have had complaints from other guests. If you see "adult oriented" or similar wording in their ads, you know they are not keen to take kids.

Have you searched the listings at www.bbcanada.com? I just had a quick look, and found these; there are 45 listings for Kingston and area, and there are also 14 listings for Ganonoque:

http://www.bbcanada.com/obrienhouse

http://www.bbcanada.com/1777.html

england
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any B & B in Gananoque or Kingston that allow children

The Blue Heron in Prescott (not too far away) is an absolute delight

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,076 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any B & B in Gananoque or Kingston that allow children

Hi;

Prescott is 45 miles / 73 km east of Gananoque, about a 45 minute drive.

Best Regards

6. Re: Any B & B in Gananoque or Kingston that allow children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 14:20