We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I get an entry visa at Boldt Castle if needed.

Which Gananoque hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
A P
Toronto, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Can I get an entry visa at Boldt Castle if needed.

The Gananoque Boat Line says in their FAQ section that I can get an entry visa at any border crossing for $6.00. Would the US Customs at Boldt Castle have the capacity/wherewithal to supply this entry visa, if someone needed one and wanted to see the 2 hour Boldt Castle tour.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
17,734 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I get an entry visa at Boldt Castle if needed.

Your locator says you are in Toronto. Are you a Canadian citizen, or a citizen of a country that requires a visa for entry to the USA?

You must have the visa in your possession in order to get off at Boldt., as noted in the FAQ section you refer to.

NO EXCEPTIONS WILL OR CAN BE MADE TO THE FOLLOWING

1) BEGINNING JUNE 1, 2009 ALL PASSENGERS REQUIRE A VALID PASSPORT. .

2) All other visitors will require a passport and a valid Canadian and United States entry visa.

3) Passengers must show appropriate documents to the Gananoque Boat Line personnel prior to purchasing tickets.

4) Passengers must carry their documents with them at all times while onboard.

5) Please note anyone requiring an entry visa, one can be obtained at any border crossing at a cost of $6.00 American and the border will not accept Canadian funds.

They cannot provide one there. A visa or I-94 visa waiver must be obtained at a proper border crossing, which is not what Boldt Castle is.

Edited: 18 May 2014, 23:23
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I get an entry visa at Boldt Castle if needed.

The Gananoque Boat Lines FAQ quoted by Phpr is rather muddled and misleading.

Canadian citizens don't require visas to enter the US. Citizens of Visa Waiver Program countries (…state.gov/content/…visa-waiver-program.html) can apply to enter at any border crossing (though I'm not sure about the one at Boldt Castle). However, those who need an actual visa must apply in advance at a US embassy or consulate -- no US border crossing issues visas on the spot.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
17,734 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can I get an entry visa at Boldt Castle if needed.

#3 seems clear to me - you must have the proper documentation before you board the ship. Therefore if you don't have a Visa (and the OP has not clarified what citizenship status is), you cannot get one at Boldt castle entry.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Can I get an entry visa at Boldt Castle if needed.

You can't get a _visa_ at any US border crossing -- it must be arranged in advance.

You can apply for the Visa Waiver Program by showing up at a US border crossing. tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g182143-d1368… suggests it (used to be?) possible to do that at Boldt Castle, but maybe the boat line or CBP has changed their policy.

Alexandria Bay, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Can I get an entry visa at Boldt Castle if needed.

The Customs and Border Protection Office at Heart Island/Boldt Castle can provide visitors with an I-94 entry document for $6.00 (US). For more information on what documentation you may need you can visit the CBP website at CBP.gov

As an employee of the Thousand Islands Bridge Authority at Boldt Castle, thank you and we look forward to your visit!

Alexandria Bay, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Can I get an entry visa at Boldt Castle if needed.

The Customs and Border Protection Office at Heart Island/Boldt Castle can provide visitors with an I-94 entry document for $6.00 (US). For more information on what documentation you may need you can visit the CBP website at CBP.gov

As an employee of the Thousand Islands Bridge Authority at Boldt Castle, thank you and we look forward to your visit!

7. Re: Can I get an entry visa at Boldt Castle if needed.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2015, 07:24