We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurant for our 30th anniversary

innerkip, on
Level Contributor
244 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
restaurant for our 30th anniversary

We have booked a room at the fleur de lys for our one night in july. Has anyone eaten at their restaurant, la morutiere? We are wanting good food at a 'reasonable' price - would prefer good food over fancy spot. Any ideas welcome!

Restaurant La Maison-Pecheur
££ - £££, Seafood, Canadian, Soups
La Vieille Usine
££ - £££, Seafood, Canadian, Soups
West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
79,426 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurant for our 30th anniversary

Hi da50;

It would be helpful to those who can assist you if you defined what you consider "reasonable".

Best Regards

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,709 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurant for our 30th anniversary

I recently consulted some restaurant menus in Percé and I can tell you that they are a bit overpriced, which is understable when you know that their whole tourist season is around 3 months, so they must make their profits in such a short span.

What I also saw was that there was actually not so much difference between affordable "à la carte" restaurants and the most upscale ones offering "table d'hôte". What I mean by that is that if you add an appetizer or a soup plus dessert and coffee in the affordable places it will come very close to the most upscale places that offers full meals only. I really suggest that you look at the dining room of Hotel La Normandie as your best bet for a special celebration. http://www.normandieperce.com/

Mentioned in this post
Hotel La Normandie
Hotel La Normandie
284 Reviews
Perce, Canada
innerkip, on
Level Contributor
244 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurant for our 30th anniversary

I'm not sure what I would consider 'reasonable' :)

As it is a special night, I am more concerned with the food itself!

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,709 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurant for our 30th anniversary

Go to the Normandie dining room! Make reservation in advance and let them know that it is your 30th anniversary and that you will like to get a small table with a window view of the Rocher Percé!

innerkip, on
Level Contributor
244 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurant for our 30th anniversary

Thanks to everyone for your help!

Montreal, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: restaurant for our 30th anniversary

Hi

There is a really good place to eat that is not too expensive and the atmosphere is really nice. The name is Les Sac a Vin and it is on the end of town just before the big hill. Anyone can tell you where it is.

The owner makes fresh sausage and all kinds of really good French food.

I know that right now is lobster season and he has a special $10 a person for a lobster meal. quite the deal. Enjoy your stay!

Also if you are taking you pet, there is a fun doggie taxi and playcare service that comes to pick up your best friend at your hotel. It's called www.LaBonneAventure.ca

7. Re: restaurant for our 30th anniversary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2010, 07:18