We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Information

nova scotia
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Topic
Information

Hi

I am planning a trip for four adults to the Gaspe Bay in 2012. We will be driving from New Brunswick. arriving in Perce mid afternoon. I was thinking of staying two nights in Perce and then the route would take us along route 132 through Forillon National Park , then on to Matane to spend our third night. Would this be a good plan allowing us enough time to see things along the way. If not can someone suggest a better itinerary for us to follow. Any help will be appreciated.

5 replies to this topic
Rimouski (Québec)
Level Contributor
359 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Information

Hello,

The distance between Percé and Matane is 372 km or 5 hour trip. It does not leave you much time to stop and visit Forillon National Park.

Why Matane? You could spend a night near Forillon depending on your schedule. As to the option of choosing another itinerary, I would not recommend another one as the drive along the coast between Forillon is by far the most scenic with spectacular vista (somewhat similar to the Cabot Trail in Cape Breton).

Robert

Rimouski (Québec)
Level Contributor
359 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Information

Hello again,

I should have wrote "...the drive along the coast between Forillon and Matane is by far the most scenic...".

Robert

nova scotia
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Information

Thank you for the quick response and information. Is there an area/town that would make a nice stop on our third night nearer to Forillon? Also are there things that you can suggest not to be missed between Forillon and Matane. Thanks again.

Rimouski (Québec)
Level Contributor
359 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Information

Hello,

I would suggest you stay in or near Cap-aux-Os at the southern entrance of Forillon National Park. This would be the closest place to the Visitors Service Centre. I cannot suggest any lodging as I usually camp within the park. I know that you can rent "ready-to-camp" tent trailers within the park. Check the following web site for more info:

http://www.gesmat.ca/english.html

If you have'nt done so yet, get in touch with the Quebec Tourism Department at www.bonjourquebec.com to order free brochures and a road map.

Also check the Gaspésie official tourism web site for more info:

www.tourisme-gaspesie.com/en/accueil.html

What is your itinerary from Gaspe and how many days do you plan on travelling? What are your likes and dislikes? Having the answer to those questions would help into giving you good advice.

Robert

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,316 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Information

Yes likes and dislike, duration and budget are important to tailor things for you.

Please note that due to the specific climate and very long held traditions most things in the Gaspé Peninsula don't open until early June. But the ferries to Bonaventure Islands and Forillon Park will open earlier, at Victoria Day, .

But Banc de Paspebiac, Jardins de Metis, etc. won't be open in May.

Reply to: Information
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted