We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quality of ski runs compared to other places

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,295 posts
200 reviews
Save Topic
Quality of ski runs compared to other places

Good evening. I am looking and trying to figure out where to go for my ski trip in Feb 2011. I like good runs, good length and ones that have good steep.

I was at Whistler last year and loved it, and did Revelstoke this past winter and that was amazing.

What are the runs like as compared to Revelstoke?or would my time at Revelstoke have better skiing thanks?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,692 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quality of ski runs compared to other places

I have no experience with Revelstoke or Whistler, but I have skied Fernie a number of times in the past. It's not a huge hill, but it has some really good black-diamond terrain, some "good steep". Potential for big powder, but also potential for rain. I've spent a day skiing fantastic freshly-falling powder on the upper mountain, then got soaked in the rainstorm when I couldn't avoid going down to the bottom at the end of the day. (Snowing up high, raining down below.)

There's also Kicking Horse; have you checked that out? A major amount of vertical, and also some good steep. My two other black diamond favorites are Lake Louise and Norquay. The latter doesn't have much terrain, but what it does have, OMG.

2. Re: Quality of ski runs compared to other places

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2011, 06:32
Get answers to your questions about Fernie