We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

L'Equinox vs. L'Altitude

Boston...
Level Contributor
40 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
L'Equinox vs. L'Altitude

Can anyone compare "L'Equinox and L'Altitude for a March stay with 6 adults? Please comment on the ease of ski in, ski out.

5 replies to this topic
Dearborn, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
4,454 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: L'Equinox vs. L'Altitude

As it has been nearly a week and no one has replied, let me give you a partial answer. I used to own a 3-bedroom at L'Equinoxe but don't know much about L'Altitude, other than its location.

Either would be perfectly comfortable for 6 adults. Be sure that the bed configuration of whichever complex you choose is appropriate for your needs. Some units have kings, most have queens and some will have twin beds or even bunk beds in one of the bedrooms. All units should have fireplaces, fully-equipped kitchens, ski lockers, etc. For a group of 6 adults, a 3-bedroom, 2 bath unit would be ideal and avoid having to use the sofa bed in the livingroom.

L'Equinoxe is higher on the mountain and has great views of the village, the lake and the surrounding mountains. It is also ski-in/ski-out; the ski trail is only a few meters away, directly behind the building and is accessible by walking out of the garage. Parking in the condos (there also are townhouses, each with its own garage) is inside and heated, There is a heated hot tub accessible from the garage level. The condos are located in buildings with elevators. Ski-in is better than ski-out, as you simply come off the mountain and enter the garage level. Ski-out is OK, but the lift is farther away and the trail to it, in my opinion, not as good. The resort's shuttle bus stops at L'Equinoxe.

L'Altitude is lower on the mountain, but still has great views, inside parking, elevators and a hot tub. It is within about a 7-10 minute walking distance of the lifts at the base of the mountain, including the gondola to the summit. Altitude is ski-in, walk out.

Hope that this helps a little and I hope that other TA members with specific knowledge of Altitude will expand on this post.

Edited: 16 November 2017, 14:57
Boston...
Level Contributor
40 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: L'Equinox vs. L'Altitude

Thank you.

Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: L'Equinox vs. L'Altitude

Tremblantprestige.com

Boston...
Level Contributor
40 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: L'Equinox vs. L'Altitude

Thanks. We have stayed at Equinox before and agree the ski in is easier than the ski out, especially if there are icy conditions. Last year the outdoor hot tub was closed for repair, which wa disappointing. For those two reasons we decided to try L'Altitude this year. We'll have our own hot tub, in addition to the communal one. And we can compare the ski in and out (in anticipation of bringing the grandkids next year.

Boston...
Level Contributor
156 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: L'Equinox vs. L'Altitude

Just returned from staying at L'Altitude and thought I would add a few more details for other readers who find this post and also because I can't find a way to write a formal review of our specific condo which we booked through the tremblant.ca website/Sunstar. We loved the location of L'Altitude - the condos still have great views but just a 3 minute walk down the driveway and next door to Sommet des Neiges and then you end up right at the gondola lift and in the pedestrian village. So no need to use the car much. There are two heated indoor garages (they open with key at the key pad at the bottom on the driveway) - the condo will come with an assigned spot in either one or the other. Your elevator key takes you directly up to your private foyer (which can also be accessed by a separate locked outside entrance). The ski lockers are located in the left side garage only (not a big deal, but worth noting). It's very short and easy ski run out to the gondola lift (actually so short, that I wonder if snowboarders would be better off just walking down to the lift since the condo is so close and you have to pop off the skis again to get on the gondola anyway). It did take a run or two to figure out how to get back to the condo as the entrance is not marked. I did take some photos of a detailed map of all the condos and info for posterity as I had trouble finding a ton of info prior to arrival. Happy to answer more specific questions via PM.

Reply to: L'Equinox vs. L'Altitude
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted