We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging advice please. Late March family of 4

Ashburn, Virginia
Level Contributor
387 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Lodging advice please. Late March family of 4

Sorry for yet another lodging question but I’ve been reading for hours and can’t quite make heads or tails of it all. We are two adults and two teens coming to ski the last week of March. I have been to Whistler many times and chose Mont Tremblant because I read it is similar, with the village at the base of the mountain.

I’m trying to find a place to stay where we can park the car and not need it again. Would love to walk to the mountain to ski in the morning.

That said, I’m also hoping to find a place that has a king bed for the adults and where each child has his own bed. They will not share a bed...that’s a deal breaker. I also would like a kitchenette where we can keep food in the fridge, do a little cooking, make sandwiches, etc. For dinner I’d love to just walk out the door and have lots of options within a short walk. Does such a place exist?

10 replies to this topic
Toronto
Level Contributor
458 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging advice please. Late March family of 4

Yes, try Place St. Bernard. All suites have a fully equipped kitchenette and a short walk to the gondola. Have stayed there many times. Close enough to the gondola you can go back to your unit for lunch. Beats having to fight the crowds for a table at the mountain top cafeteria.

https:/…

Dearborn, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
4,457 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging advice please. Late March family of 4

Look at Sommet des Neiges. It is in the Resort village, adjacent to the lifts and within a 2-minute walk from restaurants and shops.

Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging advice please. Late March family of 4

Just an FYI. The villages are similar in design, but Tremblant is much smaller. The mountains also do not compare. Whistler is huge with a lot of variety, Tremblant is probably 1/20th of the size and probably 1/6th as tall.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
9,663 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging advice please. Late March family of 4

You should be in the village so that your teens can go out on their own. As far as a king bed, that might be a challenge as most will have queen beds. Look at the Tremblant accomodation web site or even call them.

Ashburn, Virginia
Level Contributor
387 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lodging advice please. Late March family of 4

Thanks! Just booked Sommet Des Neiges. King bed in one room, two queens in the other bedroom. I can’t tell how many bathrooms it has, but that’s of secondary concern.

Now to learn at least enough French to learn how to properly pronounce things. I took German in school. :)

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
410 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Lodging advice please. Late March family of 4

>>>Tremblant is probably 1/20th of the size and probably 1/6th as tall.

Blackcomb vertical drop ~ 5000 ft

Tremblant vertical drop ~ 2000 ft

1/6 of 5000 ft is 833 ft so your post is probably uninformed and fabricated. Do some research before you post next time. Even Mont Blanc is over 1/6 the vertical drop of WB.

Ashburn, Virginia
Level Contributor
387 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lodging advice please. Late March family of 4

Tremblant will be just our speed. I’d be nervous letting my teens wander Whistler or Blackcomb by themselves and I wont be able to keep up with them all day. So I love that Tremblant is a smaller version. Perfect for us !

Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lodging advice please. Late March family of 4

Tremblantprestige.com

Ashburn, Virginia
Level Contributor
387 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lodging advice please. Late March family of 4

To wrap things up, I thought I’d share that Sommet de Neiges was PERFECT for us. We had a fantastic unit that overlooked the base of the gondola, was roomy, and I highly recommend it to other families! Walk out the door to ski, to grab a bite to eat, whatever!

Dearborn, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
4,457 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lodging advice please. Late March family of 4

Glad that it worked for you. That really is an excellent location, isn’t it?

Reply to: Lodging advice please. Late March family of 4
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted