We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

November Visit

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
47 posts
3 reviews
November Visit

Hi,

I have a day off of work on November 12th and was wondering if making the trip up from Ottawa would be worth it for the day? I enjoy nature and the outdoors - but I know that by then everything will be bare and the odds of snow are slim. Do you guys think I should visit regardless? It looks like a beautiful place! Thanks :)

Adam

6 replies to this topic
Montreal
Level Contributor
5,512 posts
68 reviews
31 helpful votes
1. Re: November Visit

Unless you really enjoy driving.. not sure that 3 hours of it is worth it... No event at that time of the year. https://www.tremblant.ca/things-to-do/events

Village in itself is cute and colourful but artificial as it was build as a resort.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
13,407 posts
34 reviews
25 helpful votes
2. Re: November Visit

November is very much off season here. Many restos and stores close to "refurb", which is local code for not opening to do little patch up jobs so they do not lose money. So much is closed, weather tends to be poor, trees bare etc etc. Not a time I would choose to visit.

It is indeed beautiful, but Gatineau could offer you similar beauty without the distance. Come mid to late December if you want some seasonal feeling.

Montreal
Level Contributor
5,512 posts
68 reviews
31 helpful votes
3. Re: November Visit

If you ever decide to spend time in Gatineau Park instead... check for services at that time. Everything is currently closed due to the tornado last week.

ncc-ccn.gc.ca/posts/status-of-the-situation-…

Maybe a visit to Omega Park http://parcomega.ca/en/

Edited: 24 September 2018, 22:10
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
47 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: November Visit

Thank you everyone! I did some more thinking and realized it would make more sense to visit on a weekend in December. I would just like to see the village in some snow and I'm sure up they'd have it up there by then (compared to November 12th LOL)

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
13,407 posts
34 reviews
25 helpful votes
5. Re: November Visit

Not always snow on the ground in Dec, but always snow on the hill. Avoid Dec 7-9 it is the 24 hours race, which is fun, but accom is very pricey.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
47 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: November Visit

Thanks, I was thinking Dec 15-16. Fingers crossed for white stuff!

Reply to: November Visit
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted